• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**2007 World Cup**

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well we're still 2 years away from the World Cup. In the next 2 years im sure we'll see quite a few players retire & several teams lose or gain form.

Obviously i'd like NZ to maintain their form for the next 2 years, it won't be easy. But if they can then i'd think they have a decent chance of winning.

dinu23

International Debutant
I'd love to see a team other than australia win the world cup for a change. I'm pinning my hopes on england and Sri lanka

Sehwag309

Banned
The top teams in 2007 I feel would be England, WI (home benefit), Pak, Nz, Aus

Just have the feeling England might win it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
i think that the west indies will do really well in what could be lara's swansong.
That'd rock. I think the West Indies winning with Lara bowing out following it would be amazing. Particularly if he scored a ton in the final to carry WI to victory. :happy:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag309 said:
The top teams in 2007 I feel would be England, WI (home benefit), Pak, Nz, Aus

Just have the feeling England might win it

I just hav a feeling England won't win it

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
At this point in time would have to be Australia noone has got near them in this VB series so much that the cricket has got almost boring to watch, i really hope other tems challenge Australia for the world cup in 07 but even if some Australia players they've still got quality players to replace them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Obviously i'd like NZ to maintain their form for the next 2 years, it won't be easy. But if they can then i'd think they have a decent chance of winning.
Will Cairns still be around?

Of course if Bond comes back and has 18 months or so cricket behind him that would make a huge difference.

mikeW

we didnt get a full result and it had a similarity to the game played last game plus Australia hasnt played there strongest available team yet.

masterblaster

International Captain
Australia to win would be my prediction, with England runners up (again) much to the anger and disappointment of all the English on CW.

Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe don't even get close to advancing into the super six.

Prediction of Super Six Makeup

Australia
India
England
New Zealand
South Africa
West Indies

In the semi finals Australia plays India and England play New Zealand.

England Advance and so do Australia.

Australia beat England to win the 2007 World Cup and become the first team in history to win 3 World Cup's in succession.

That's just my prediction.

:cool:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mikeW said:
At this point in time would have to be Australia noone has got near them in this VB series so much that the cricket has got almost boring to watch, i really hope other tems challenge Australia for the world cup in 07 but even if some Australia players they've still got quality players to replace them.
Yes it was very boring watching Australia play their 2 home onedayers against NZ in December.....

To remind you in was 1-1, and Aust were only saved by Umpire Fatty Parkers shocker in the 2nd game.

I'd hardly say that 2 match series was "boring" - both games going down to the last couple of overs....

Whilst the Aussie are streaks ahead of the rest of the world in Test cricket. I don't think NZ are that far behind them in ODI's..

Linda

That looks like an excellent WC. There is still nothing better than beating England, to be frank.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
That looks like an excellent WC. There is still nothing better than beating England, to be frank.
Err yea, except you didn't in the Champions Trophy... was kinda boring and one-sided that game really...

twctopcat

International Regular
I hope england can be competitive, that's all i ask for. I think with a lineup with pietersen, flintoff,strauss,bell, collingwood and tres is a great one. If the bowling keeps tight i see us having a great chance, way better than '03 anyway(which was non existent).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Err yea, except you didn't in the Champions Trophy... was kinda boring and one-sided that game really...
"You're a sensitive boy aren't you Tommy."