View Poll Results: Who get's your vote as Player of the Tournament?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaminda Vaas - 1473.36

1 4.17%
  • Adam Gilchrist - 1459.11

2 8.33%
  • Glenn McGrath - 1310.93

1 4.17%
  • Sachin Tendulkar - 1203.80

12 50.00%
  • Andy Bichel - 1097.99

2 8.33%
  • Brett Lee - 1077.30

0 0%
  • John Davison - 1054.51

2 8.33%
  • Muttiah Muralitharan - 1012.05

1 4.17%
  • Ricky Ponting - 957.35

1 4.17%
  • Shane Bond - 954.30

2 8.33%

Thread: Player of the Tournament poll

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Player of the Tournament poll

Using the Fantasy Cricket Points workings, I've taken the top 10 scorers, and listed them for people to place their vote:
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Do fantasy points take into account the inspiration and the heart that a certain player's performance gives the rest of the team? :P

If not, then that's why Tendulkar's not first :duh: :P

Personally, I think, if anybody changed their team's fate during this world cup, it's Tendulkar.

Rik
    The player of the Tournament is Bichel in my opinion...Tendulkar did his usual trick of failing in a final...
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Originally posted by Rik
    The player of the Tournament is Bichel in my opinion...Tendulkar did his usual trick of failing in a final...
    Usual?

[begin krkode's opinion] I won't say your wrong, but personally, I felt Bichel didn't do anything great in the final either. AND his performances weren't nearly as inspirational or important to the team as Tendulkar's were. [/end my own opinion]

Rik
    Originally posted by krkode
    Usual?
    Yes, when India get to a final and the pressure is on I can't remember a time when he's delivered. He's a great player, but he messed up when it really mattered.

Bichel just did everything that was needed and more. You can't ask for more than that.

Well, there's India v Australia Sharjah final where he scored 137 when India chased down 271.

hmm...ok, I concede. I'm sure there are more successes though. Maybe he specializes in getting us there, more than getting us through.

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Adam Gilchrist - 1459.11

Ricky Ponting - 957.35

Can you explain what happened here????

- They scored within about 10 runs of each other; R.Ponting being the slight leader.

- R.Ponting had 2 100's to Gilchrist's 0

- R.Ponting had 1 50 as well and Gilchrist had 4

- The overall S/R were within about 18 of each other, I think Gilchrist was 105 and R.Ponting was about 88

- R.Ponting took 11 catches to Gilchrist's 21

- R.Ponting had 2 Not Out's to Gilchrist's none

YET Gilchrist has a lead of over 500 points on R.Ponting, where excatly did he gain such a massive advantage?

Iam not complaining as I have 8 out of 10 of those leaders in my side
    Last edited by Rich2001; 24-03-2003 at 11:05 AM.

Strike rate made a big difference.

Also, the comp was split into group and Finals.

In the Groups, Ponting had a S/R of 73.37, equating to a factoring of 0.91712, wheras Gilchrist had S/R of 1.14497.

In the Finals, Ponting had 97.22, a factor of 1.430556, but Gilchrist hit 120.09, earning him the highest possible factoring of 2!

So in both phases, Gilchrist got a much higher factor, plus of course 10 extra catches at 25 each, although his 18 byes lost him 36 of those!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I think I speak for ducks everywhere when I say that Vasbert Drakes should be on the ballot!
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Strike rate made a big difference.

Also, the comp was split into group and Finals.

In the Groups, Ponting had a S/R of 73.37, equating to a factoring of 0.91712, wheras Gilchrist had S/R of 1.14497.

In the Finals, Ponting had 97.22, a factor of 1.430556, but Gilchrist hit 120.09, earning him the highest possible factoring of 2!

So in both phases, Gilchrist got a much higher factor, plus of course 10 extra catches at 25 each, although his 18 byes lost him 36 of those!
    Wouldn't that mean that Gilchrist has a huge advantage over Ponting because he is a wicket keeper and wicket keepers are presented with more catching chances than Backward Point where Ponting fields? Also do fielders get points for run outs? And how?

Originally posted by Rik
    Wouldn't that mean that Gilchrist has a huge advantage over Ponting because he is a wicket keeper and wicket keepers are presented with more catching chances than Backward Point where Ponting fields? Also do fielders get points for run outs? And how?
    Yes, there are points for run outs effected.

So Gilchrist had an advantage in that, but in a way Ponting had an advantage in that he only had his batting to concentrate on!

As it stands, solely on batting points, Gilchrist beat Ponting fairly handsomely anyway.

Thread Information