Thread: ICC Umpire and Referee appointments for World Cup Final

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!

ICC Umpire and Referee appointments for World Cup Final

Well, it's Shep and Bucknor in the middle for the third time.

Third umpire is Rudi Koertzen

Fourth umpire is Billy Bowden

Match referee/adjudicator is Ranjan Madugale.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

I knew it! Bucknor rules!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Yep. Bucknor's dah man!
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    psssththth (sound of Steve Bucknor suckin' de teeth before givin' de batsman out).

I concur. Steve epitomises everything which is great about our game. Shep at the other end too - heaven.

Here is what Harper has to say on cricketnext.com

Harper wants umpires chosen on merit not nationality

Johannesburg, March 22, 2003 (Bloomberg)

Australia's leading cricket umpire Daryl Harper, who stood in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal, said the sport's ruling body should select match officials on merit, not nationality.

Harper, 51, was overlooked for Sunday's World Cup final because Australia is playing. Since 1987, umpires have been barred from officiating their own nation's matches.

``I'm past the days of supporting any particular team,'' Harper said in an interview. `` It's ludicrous that, at this level, we're chosen on nationality and not form.''

Australia is bidding to win the event for a record third time against India. Harper, an Adelaide teacher, was appointed to the International Cricket Council's eight-man elite umpires panel last year. He is used to missing the big occasion. Australia is playing in its third straight final.

England's David Shepherd and West Indies' Steve Bucknor, also on the ICC panel, will make their third and fourth consecutive final appearance respectively Sunday.

``Those guys are outstanding umpires and the whole world knows that, so I wouldn't begrudge them anything,'' said Harper. ``But at the 2007 World Cup I'd like to read `Daryl Harper from the elite panel' not `Daryl Harper from Australia.'''

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I disagree with Darryl.

If we're having 2 neutral umpires for run of the mill tests, then there's no way that the biggest one day game in years could have an umpire from one side.

Even if he makes an innnocent mistake, then the other team would be up in arms.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Nothing against Harper, but I think I prefer Bucknor and Shepherd officiating the final. They are two of my favourite umpires and are outstanding in their field.

Thread Information