• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia vs Sri Lanka

PY

International Coach
144/5 Golden Duck for Michael Bevan :D. Aussies struggling but I fully expect, if things go like they usually do, Glenn McGrath will hit a quickfire 50. :lol: Not going very well for them.

Rajesh

Cricket Spectator
Law of averages finally seems to have caught the Aussies, this is going to be a real tough one for them to win. Sri Lanka off to a gr8 start

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rajesh said:
Law of averages finally seems to have caught the Aussies, this is going to be a real tough one for them to win. Sri Lanka off to a gr8 start
I would hardly say 43-4 is a start...gr8 (or great) or not...

krkode

State Captain
Law of Aussie cricket I
If the batting fails, the bowling demolishes the other team.

:wow:

Sri Lanka were awesome with just Vaas, De Silva, Murali and Jayasurya. Their fifth bowler (who's supposed to be a real bowler) ruined it all for them...:yawn:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Oh dear !! the match stopped due to rain after 38 overs.... with the Aussies on top under the D/L rule. Vaas was having a go with SL at 123-7 and with not too much runs to be chased, it could have been interesting.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Why is there talk of D/L when there's provision for a rain day?

Anyone know?
If the game had been stopped because of any reason before 25 overs a side had been concluded, the match would have been started anew on the rain day. There was no proviso for carrying an incomplete innings across to a second day.

A bit silly, I think, but there's been a few 'a bitt sillies' in this World Cup

krkode

State Captain
I was wondering if Sangakarra and Vaas would do a Bevan Bichel miracle :D

But oh well...:)

As I said, if the Aussie batting falters, the bowling demolishes!

The selectors will not regret picking Andy Symonds today...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Their top and middle order have not been that good lately, have they? It's just that their lower order and their bowling and fielding have more than made up for it. That, I guess translates to an unbelievable will to win. Their depth is simply awesome.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Someone always performs, no matter the situation. On this occasion it was Symonds who played a very responsible innings. Why wasn't Bichel promoted to 7. Hogg and Harvey failed again. Bevan got a dodgy one but you get those every now and again.

The bowling from the Aussies was first class. Lee was expensive but the ball he got the in-form Atapattu with was too good. Bichel then ripped the heart out of the chase with the brilliant run out of de Silva.

It was a shame that the rain brought an early end to proceedings but Australia had the game won anyway.

Bring on India. It will be a great game. (Before anyone admonishes me for saying that India have already made the final, no one could be seriously suggesting that Kenya will win tonight.)

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well I think our top order will come good in our next game now that we are off the **** hole of a wicket that is PE.

I am predicting Ponting to make 144* And Australia to make 330/7

I know its a bold statment and I dont really expect it to come compleatly true but I have a feeling that all our top batsman will be hungry for runs and should deliver now they wont be playing on souch a crap track.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse, it's the same pitch for both sides - and Cricket would be extremely boring if 300+ scores were the norm.

On the flip side to the batsmen not scoring so many runs (although I didn't see it stopping Symonds yesterday), the bowlers have ended up with very flattering figures!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well I see your point but I dont share the same opinion.

I beleve One day cricket should be played on good cricket wickets with an equal asistance to bowlers and batsman.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
A 300 wicket is not 'equal assistance' - I reckon a 220-250 wicket makes for the more interesting games, but then again, sometimes it's great to see a run feast.

Equally, it's great to see a side trying to defend 150 on a 'sticky'