• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semis and Final Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
But who are the more deserving winners? Australia (9 wins no losses in this WC, Winners last time and loosing finalists 4 years before) or India (8 wins 1 loss in this WC, not really figured in either WC)?

Hard to pick...there are many different reasons why each is deserving.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
krkode said:
They will definitely deserve to hold the trophy if they do that, but, I think what he was saying was that based on current form, Aus (9-0) and Ind (8-1) are the two most deserving teams.
They are the best teams, whether they are the most deserving, we will know come the finals. IMO, if SL can beat both Aus and Ind and take the trophy, they are the most deserving team.

krkode

State Captain
Definitely, Anil. If they can rise up in the two most important games of the world cup, they certainly will deserve it.

Remember, you get what you deserve, so if you get it, you deserved it. Whoever wins the world cup will have deserved it.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it"....remember Will Munny's(Clint Eastwood) words before unleashing that lethal broadside at Little Bill Dagett(Gene Hackman) in the movie "Unforgiven" ??

.....well, here its the same. Its a sudden death and if SL can do a Will Munny today, then that's that. Sure SA said they didn't deserve to lose in 1999 after that semi final, but again "deserve's got nothin to do with it". 8D 8D 8D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Hey hey hey...I'm practically English and I want Kenya to win more than England at the moment ;)
Erm, England aren't in the Tournament, so their not likely to win!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You said you wanted Kenya to win more than England at the moment, but since England aren't playing at the moment, they aren't going to win anything at the moment!

krkode

State Captain
Guys, isn't it obvious?

He supports England. Now that England isn't in the tourno anymore, he supports Kenya.

sheesh, people need to be spoon fed nowadays ;)

And Rik, you suck for that comment :P

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Well, Aravinda's suicidal runout off a superb piece of fielding by Bichel has handed this match to the Aussies.He was looking good and timing the ball very well, but now its almost over with SL tottering at 98-7.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd hardly call that suicidal. 9 1/2 times out of 10, Bichel either wouldn't have thrown the ball or if he had, would have missed by quite a distance. The percentages were certainly with Aravinda in this one but he just ran out of luck, really.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Bichel was pretty much on his follow-through and so the ball hadn't travelled too far for a run to be taken, but I agree that most bowlers would have found it hard to pounce on it like Bichel did and make a stunning direct throw as well, all in lightning speed.But I still think that the run was misjudged given the fact that it was to be taken against the best fielding side in the world and there wasn't a need for a cheeky single at that point.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Did Gilly walk or it was a misunderstanding ?

I think he did, although some commentators are suggesting otherwise saying that it was a misunderstanding and actually Gilly thought that Koertzen had said "Out" instead of "not out".But he sure stood his ground initially when Koertzen just began shaking his head and then suddenly turned around and walked. But it was surely a little bizarre if he did walk, as he waited for a while till the Sri Lankans started to show their disappointment, and then decided to go.

krkode

State Captain
Maybe he knew in his heart that he was out and felt guilty for all the times he didn't walk...

Or maybe he really needed to go to the bathroom :lol:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
krkode said:
Or maybe he really needed to go to the bathroom :lol:
That's it!!! You really solved that mystery, buddy! How did I never think of such a simple solution!!!???:lol: :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
He walked no doubt about it he was off before the umpire had even said anything Gilchrist did not even look at him.

Gilchrist does walk occasionaly infact if he knows he is out he usualy does.

krkode

State Captain
He later said he didn't hear the "not out" by the Umpire so he walked...

He may also have done it to avoid the trashtalk he would receive from the Sri Lankan players if he hadn't walked, because they know and he knew that he was out...

But I stick to my bathroom theory..:D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Apparently, it's raining in Durban today - I've just checked weather.com and it was described as 'light' at present.

There's a 90% chance of thunder tonight, 60% of heavy rain tomorrow and 40% on Friday.

D/L anyone?

If no match is possible, India are in the final.

Luckily, it is the best ground regarding drainage (they say).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Guys, isn't it obvious?

He supports England. Now that England isn't in the tourno anymore, he supports Kenya.

sheesh, people need to be spoon fed nowadays ;)

And Rik, you suck for that comment :P
Oi, I supported both Zimbabwe and England but both were knocked out :P

Oh and you suck because you keep using ":P"s

So there :P