Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Semis and Final Thread

Has anyone considered a Kenya v Sri Lanka :wow:

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by broncoman
    The world cup final should be a contest and Australia vs India is the best final possible, they are the only 2 teams in the cup that deserve to make the final.
    I disagree.

The two teams that win the semi-finals deserve to make the final. If it's Australia v India, fine. If it's Kenya v Sri Lanka, fine.

Doesn't make one jot of difference who has played the best cricket to reach the current stage.

As far as it being the best final possible, this has been a World Cup lasting 5 weeks or so - an absolute feast of cricket. Some extraordinary, some less than ordinary, most somewhere in between.

The final as a contest is not the be all and end all - otherwise why bother with having a qualifying competition?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

The world cup final should be a contest and Australia vs India is the best final possible, they are the only 2 teams in the cup that deserve to make the final.
    So, if SL(not suggesting Kenya because I can't realistically see them doing that) beat Australia and then beat India in the final(as you said, the two best teams in the cup), they won't deserve to hold the trophy....???
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Rik
    ANDREW............ i cant believe you would say that!
    Call yourself an Australian why dont ya. I know you like Kenya, but more than Australia is just going too far.
    for the record id love to see kenya in the final for the fact i dont like India but The world cup final should be a contest and Australia vs India is the best final possible, they are the only 2 teams in the cup that deserve to make the final.
    Hey hey hey...I'm practically English and I want Kenya to win more than England at the moment
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Originally posted by anilramavarma
    So, if SL(not suggesting Kenya because I can't realistically see them doing that) beat Australia and then beat India in the final(as you said, the two best teams in the cup), they won't deserve to hold the trophy....???
    They will definitely deserve to hold the trophy if they do that, but, I think what he was saying was that based on current form, Aus (9-0) and Ind (8-1) are the two most deserving teams.

Rik
    But who are the more deserving winners? Australia (9 wins no losses in this WC, Winners last time and loosing finalists 4 years before) or India (8 wins 1 loss in this WC, not really figured in either WC)?

Hard to pick...there are many different reasons why each is deserving.

Originally posted by krkode
    They will definitely deserve to hold the trophy if they do that, but, I think what he was saying was that based on current form, Aus (9-0) and Ind (8-1) are the two most deserving teams.
    They are the best teams, whether they are the most deserving, we will know come the finals. IMO, if SL can beat both Aus and Ind and take the trophy, they are the most deserving team.

Definitely, Anil. If they can rise up in the two most important games of the world cup, they certainly will deserve it.

Remember, you get what you deserve, so if you get it, you deserved it. Whoever wins the world cup will have deserved it.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it"....remember Will Munny's(Clint Eastwood) words before unleashing that lethal broadside at Little Bill Dagett(Gene Hackman) in the movie "Unforgiven" ??

.....well, here its the same. Its a sudden death and if SL can do a Will Munny today, then that's that. Sure SA said they didn't deserve to lose in 1999 after that semi final, but again "deserve's got nothin to do with it". 8D 8D 8D
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Classic!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    Hey hey hey...I'm practically English and I want Kenya to win more than England at the moment
    Erm, England aren't in the Tournament, so their not likely to win!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    Erm, England aren't in the Tournament, so their not likely to win!
    So?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    You said you wanted Kenya to win more than England at the moment, but since England aren't playing at the moment, they aren't going to win anything at the moment!

Guys, isn't it obvious?

He supports England. Now that England isn't in the tourno anymore, he supports Kenya.

sheesh, people need to be spoon fed nowadays

And Rik, you suck for that comment :P

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Well, Aravinda's suicidal runout off a superb piece of fielding by Bichel has handed this match to the Aussies.He was looking good and timing the ball very well, but now its almost over with SL tottering at 98-7.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information