• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v Kenya

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
First of all, congratulations to Brett Lee on an absolutely awesome hat trick.

Secondly, congratulations to Kenya for not capitulating against their more illustrious opponents. For them to recover from 3-3 and go on to post a total of 174-8 is a prodigious feat. Note that. 8 wickets down. They were not all out.

Anyone now who says they were not worthy of a place in the SuperSixes can, in my opinion, go and boil their collective heads.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't seen any of the match yet but I've heard that good old Kennedy Otieno/Oboya did not break anything. When I heard the commentry on the radio it seemed as if he had shattered his elbow.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
More power to Brett Lee's elbow. He cut short his wicket celebration as soon as he realised that the batsman was hurt, then rushed down to see how he was. He looked really concerned.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
More power to Brett Lee's elbow. He cut short his wicket celebration as soon as he realised that the batsman was hurt, then rushed down to see how he was. He looked really concerned.
If he was really concerned about hurting players he would slow down :rolleyes:

Rich2001

International Captain
I recall he did a simalar thing in the 3rd Test vs England @ Perth when he busted A.Tudor's eye open.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
I recall he did a simalar thing in the 3rd Test vs England @ Perth when he busted A.Tudor's eye open.
Yeah but to show he was sorry he bowled a load of rubbish for the rest of the series :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
WOW!!! :O :O :O

Australia slump! Karim takes 2-2-0-3!

50-1, 98-2, 109-3, 117-4, 117-5!

53 runs or 5 wickets...can Kenya do it?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
WOW!!! :O :O :O

Australia slump! Karim takes 2-2-0-3!

50-1, 98-2, 109-3, 117-4, 117-5!

53 runs or 5 wickets...can Kenya do it?
Add to that Gilchrist was dropped by Martin Suji at mid on on the score 55. Then it would have been 55/2 and then Gilchrist disturbed Obuya's rhythm otherwise he would have been dangerous as well.

krkode

State Captain
What the hec is Karim doing in there :wow:

8-6-2-3...this is awesome!

If he keeps it under 3 runs by the time his 10 are over it will be the most economical figures ever...

but with only 4 more runs to win, the match probably won't last that long

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why should he?

It's not always the bowlers fault that batsman gets hit.
Nope, but they don't help the situation :saint:

As for the match a great display by Kenya, if only they had shown that fight from the start and kept it going through the bad period that Gilly gave them.

Mind you personally I found it nice to see Symmo and Harvey but on the all important pair, to guide Australia home... espically after all the stick they get for not being up to the job, the Aussies fans owe them a big thank-you today.... You could just see it though Kenya braking the pair early and with only the tail to come and 60 odd runs to score, what might have been :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
i wouldn't call hogg tail. i'd say harvey's more tail than hogg. well harvey is better but he's done jack all at international level. n e way gr8 game from kenya. to recover from 3-3!!! praise goes to modi, tikolo and shah. but mostly KARIM!!! U LEGEND!!! i was hoping the kenyans would win:( . but never the less they showed they CAN stick it out with the big boys, even though i say they've shown that for the umteenth time this world cup.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah kenya played well, and if the remove a couple of the Indian Top order early they will be a good chance of making the final - as India dont have any brett lee paced bowlers, which the kenyans struggled against

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Add to that Gilchrist was dropped by Martin Suji at mid on on the score 55. Then it would have been 55/2 and then Gilchrist disturbed Obuya's rhythm otherwise he would have been dangerous as well.
No the reason why Obuya and Martin Suji were innefective was the fields they were set by the stand in captain, Modi, who set a 7-3 offside field to the Leg Spinner who was reduced to bowling flat quick stuff and got wacked. He just had no cover in the deep so Gilchrist had a liscence to hit out. Suji was bowling without a proper mid on or mid off when bowling to Gilly and Hayden, 2 extreamly good drivers of the ball!