• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ind v NZ

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well NZ have capitulated again.

61/5 and this game looks dead & buried.
McMillan is just so horribly out of form that its beginning to become laughable. Astle has totally lost the plot in the last 2 matches, a very careless shot. Styris tried hard but got a good ball from Nehra, and McCullum...well erm McCullum just played all over a straight one. Fleming did his best but in the end fell to just pure frustration at the sight of others falling around him.

If NZ pull this off then their chances of winning the World Cup will bounce back because it will take a miracle from here.

Im afraid anything less than 250 on this pitch will never be enough and unless Bond takes 8 wickets for 25 runs or something like that, NZ won't have a chance.

And if they do lose, well i hope Sri Lanka do some justice & beat Zimbabwe because it would just be embarassing to see NZ line up against Australia next week & repeat the comedy of errors they've made in the last couple of days.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Infact im so depressed i've turned to watching the Brumbies v Stormers..gee wasn't Grieff unlucky with that beauty of a tackle he made?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sides have recovered from situations like this to win games.

<quack> that was AGAINST New Zealand.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well maybe this time it will be BY New Zealand, though, it looks likely that thye wont be able to post anything sizeable. Against Tendulkar and co. 270 was not enough here, Bond will have to pull off the spell of his life.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im afraid so...NZ 96/6...I think the best they can hope for is between 150 - 200 and then hope that they bowl the innings of their lives.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well err 96/7 now...similar situation to Australia except its Oram & Vettori, good luck boys.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it has to be at least 150, Bond & his back ups need something to bowl at.

krkode

State Captain
Dear dear, it's 2:30 AM and I just woke up unable to hold the suspense. I feel happy :)

*goes back to bed*:lol:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I heard alot about how NZ were going to open some old wounds against India before the match & they have definately done that but not the way they wanted it to actually happen.

I counted 8 out of the 11 batsmen as playing just inexcusable shots on what was a 250+ pitch. The Indian Bowlers bowled well but in the end NZ like they did against Australia just threw away their wickets without much care at all.

The way Cairns batted was disgraceful, he reckoned he was due for something big well it has never eventuated & in the end he's been more of a flop that anything else.

I don't think NZ will win this game now, they are going to have to repeat what they did to India in most of the 7 matches played here earlier in the year but I can't see that happening on this pitch

In saying that, if NZ remove Tendulkar & Sehwag within say 3 overs then it could totally change..but who's willing to join me on that?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:

In saying that, if NZ remove Tendulkar & Sehwag within say 3 overs then it could totally change..but who's willing to join me on that?
Kenya managed it, so anything's possible.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im sure India will be slightly worried about Shane Bond & Daryl Tuffey, Tuffey particularly because he caused so much headaches for them here in NZ. But I see no reason why India can't get this target without even losing a wicket because the conditions are so good.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag goes: 4/1 after 2 overs

trying to play an ambitious cut shot & Fleming I think takes a very fast catch at 1st slip off Shane Bond.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What a game this is!
Tendulkar creams Tuffey for 3 fours and then Oram takes a ripper of a catch at point

21/3, and India without Tendulkar, Sehwag & Ganguly.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well McCullum dropped a sitter & NZ lost all their momentum after that. Its so annoying to see a sitter of a catch go down like that and ironically it seems that the Boucher dropped catch has come back to haunt NZ.

So I guess NZ are out of the World Cup, well they have a lifeline but there should be questions asked if Sri Lanka fail to beat the woeful Zimbabwe team.

I think in the context of it all, this is probably as far as NZ deserved to come..in some games they were outstanding & in other games to put it lightly they've been very poor.

You get the feeling that NZ themselves threw away the chances of winning against Australia & India but against sides like these you cannot even do that once.

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
Well Kaif and Dravid settle things down :P

Any theories as to why Khan didn't bowl again? He could've finished things earlier for India :|

I've noticed that Tendulkar went early in both matches where India were chasing relatively small targets.:wow:

Last edited:

Legglancer

State Regular
Congratulations India for another impressive performance against the Black caps. India's three pronged pace attack looks better and better as each game progresses. NZ lost the W-Cup due to some inept batting and that dropped catch by Maculum ..... what a sitter .... I think that was their WC right their and they knew it. If dravid was cought it could have been a diffrent story.

Cheers India !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
krkode said:

I've noticed that Tendulkar went early in both matches where India were chasing relatively small targets.:wow:
Saving himself for where it really matters?