• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So have you enjoyed the WC?

Enjoyed it?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
So how has it been for you?

For me, its been a good event, and some brilliant cricket has been played, from the underdogs especially...But for nightmarish cricket from SA, and neither SA nor England qualifying I have to say it has been a bad World cup...I cant really wait for Australia to collect their winners medals and the new season to kick off in England!

Roll on 2007, because this one has been awful :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I want 2 votes because the duck's enjoyed it too

<quack> for totally different reasons

For me, the highlights have been
a) Sachin
b) John Davison
c) Kenya

<quack> For me, the highlights have been
a) Nicky de Groot
b) Inzy
c) Vasbert
d) Andy Flower's running between the wickets
e) Billy Bowden
f) Inzy
g) Th-Waqar
h) The whole crowd 'Shepping' on 111
i) Cranberry Burger

You said Inzy twice

<quack> He was twice as crap as anyone else

krkode

State Captain
I haven't had this much pleasure watching or even reading about India play since our win over Aus in India. That makes me happy :)

And so, yes, I have absolutely loved this world cup :D

A side of me is angry cuz Nehra proved my initial thoughts about him wrong, but then a larger side of me is happy for him and India :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
A side of me is angry cuz Nehra proved my initial thoughts about him wrong, but then a larger side of me is happy for him and India :)
What were your initial thoughts? He's rubbish? You never know...he might end up proving you and me right in the final where he gets tonked for a record 101-1 off his 10 overs and India loose ;)

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
What were your initial thoughts? He's rubbish? You never know...he might end up proving you and me right in the final where he gets tonked for a record 101-1 off his 10 overs and India loose ;)
A bad performance now still won't falsify the fact that he sliced through the English :P And pretty decisively at that :P

I was wanting Prasad to play...I have the strange feeling that whenever he plays, India wins...and whenever he bowls, a wicket's gonna fall :P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
A bad performance now still won't falsify the fact that he sliced through the English :P And pretty decisively at that :P
Yes but he got tonked for 74 off 10 overs in the next game...that's a hell of a lot of runs...and he was bowling under lights against England...and when he was hit for 74, guess what? No lights in sight ;)

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Yes but he got tonked for 74 off 10 overs in the next game...that's a hell of a lot of runs...and he was bowling under lights against England...and when he was hit for 74, guess what? No lights in sight ;)
Well doesn't it say good things of a bowler to exploit the conditions to the fullest? I think it does :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
There's a few good bowlers who have gone for plenty on the odd occasion - Shoaib, Brett, Nehra, Jug-ears (sorry, I just negated my argument with the last one:P )

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well for me, the World Cup has been far too drawn out like the ICC Trophy. It feels like a year ago that the West Indies played South Africa.

I think this is all due to the fact that there are either too many teams participating or that they are only playing up to 2 matches per day.

Ponting_Rules

Cricket Spectator
i think it has been a great world cup and i think the semis and final will be great too. it is good to see kenya winning some matches without the help of rain.and it is good to see some of the better teams losing(especially south africa). its been great and i hope cricket in the next few years will be as good as this!!!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its been ok, but not as good as i was hoping for.
Australian unbeaten and too many teams havent been competitive enough, bangladesh were a disapointment. fair enough they are crap, but they were trounced by every team.
it would have been better if South africa and pakistan got through the group stage.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well, not exactly. Pakistan are out and for me its difficult to enjoy the World cup, It has been a bit too predictable when it comes to Australian cricket, unbeatable and yeah right favorites to lift the cup again.

India on the other hand have been refreshing with their approach, for the first time I see them playing like a team, and coming from a 4-1 drubbing thats no mean thing.

South Africa have been a dissapointment again, I was going through a cricket magazine reviewing the 99 World cup, and Against the Proteas the same question was put up : WIll they able to break the jinx in their own backyard ? pitifully the answer is a stark no.

Without Pakistan and South Africa in the super six it was never going to be the same, but again with the type of cricket both of them were playing, perhaps it was befitting that minnows took their place in the Super six.

One of the Semi-finals may turn out to be very one-sided. It was okayish for me.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As an England fan, no (but we have performed well in places)

As a cricket fan, yes, as it's cricket, and lots of it :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've been at home for the last few weeks - and haven't missed any of the live games (except the odd half an hour here and there).

Now, as the tournament reaches its business end, I can't help but wish that there was another month or two of it to go.

Ah, blessed operation.

Ah, blessed unemployment.

Legglancer

State Regular
A resounding YES !

Kenya and Canada has given me a great amount of personal satisfaction. Other than that I have been priviledged to watch some breathtaking cricket from almost all countries that participated. Needless to say it has been fully worth wakeing up at 2.30 a.m. and getting grief from the whole household including the cat (whoes now been forced to be a nocturenal animal).

PRO'S AND CON'S OF THE 2003 WC FOR ME
-------------------------------------

PROS :- Great Cricket!Great Cricket!Great Cricket! Great Cricket! Great Cricket!Great Cricket!

CONS :-

* Greif and complaints from members in the household who are not favourable to cricket (genetic fault).

* Lack of sleep.

* Confused Cat.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Which makes it even more amazing, since with no lights, they couldn't see the ball to hit it as well! :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
As an England fan, no (but we have performed well in places)
Even as an England fan, I've enjoyed it.

When we were confirmed as forfeiting against Zim, I all but gave up on the SS.

That we got so close is a good sign IMO, and Flintoff's form suggest to me that he is now comfortable at the top level (and also show what a big loss he was down under)

Overall, the team did not do too badly, one bad defeat where the conditions were against us (but that was by no means the only reason for it), and apart from that they did well.

Shame to see Nasser going, I still think he's a key player, but if it means we get him as Test captain for another 12-18 months, I'mhappy.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
Errrr...there was actually some light, y'know, what we generally call sunlight....:lol: :lol: :lol: