• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya v Zim

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well at the moment, NZ's chances of qualifying are looking worse.
Zimbabwe have slumped to 86/5 with Andy Flower showing any resistence..I think Zimbabwe could go backwards in world cricket once Flower retires.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
7/108 in the 35th, looks good for Kenya to get through to the semis.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kenya 134 to win. Should be plain sailing into the semis now and third place too - the day/nighter against India.

Should is a bigger word than if.

Llamas are bigger than frogs too.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya 21-0 5.5 overs.

Shah dropped twice (one was a tough chance, the other was a fastish slip catch), one inside edge past the stumps and a caught behind appeal given not out (everything points to it being out).

His opening partner is Kennedy Otieno who now wishes to be known as Obuya again.
Full name: Kennedy Otieno Obuya, you tell me...:duh:

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Odumbe and Odoyo finish it off with a flurry of boundaries. Another slap on the wrist for people who said they didn't deserve to be there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why will it?

It didn't when the 2 sides met in a day nighter just a few days ago, so what means this one will be any different?

Legglancer

State Regular
Well Done Kenya !!! Congradulations ! Another exceptionally well planned and executed victory.

I shall raise my glass to Kenya tonight ! one for the minnows. Good luck at the semis.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Zimbabwe look at a very low ebb, i think its after the news that Andy Flower has retired..

They will definitely go back in world cricket, but they have a very good academy setup, and I like the look of Blignaut, Taibu, friend and Ervine..They just need to convert talent into serious runs and wickets..Guys like Streak, Carlisle and Campbell should keep going for a while to nurture the next generation...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Why will it?

It didn't when the 2 sides met in a day nighter just a few days ago, so what means this one will be any different?
Cast your mind back to one of the other games played at Durban which was also a day-nighter...England vs India :rolleyes:

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Cast your mind back to one of the other games played at Durban which was also a day-nighter...England vs India :rolleyes:
Well the other "Wonder Day-Nighter" where England beat Pakistan was at Capetown, and Ind beat Kenya at Capetown...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kenya v India as a D/N game was a lot closer than it should have been by rights.

If India bat first, I can't see anything stopping them, but if Kenya bat first, then it's a contest.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I cannot see Sachin failing against them again, but hey, who knows?

If Martin Suji gets him out again, he'd be able to dine for ever more on the 'Tendulkar is my bunny' ticket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well the other "Wonder Day-Nighter" where England beat Pakistan was at Capetown, and Ind beat Kenya at Capetown...
Yup I know, but Durban has had it's fair share of controversy, the aforsaid England-India match and it staged the SA-Sri Lanka match...

Durban is where this match will be held and most of the DN Matches in SA have faired better for the team batting 1st with a few exceptions.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Yes, and that same argument eas used before the previous game.

For me, there's no way Kenya will beat India in that one - too much at stake.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Yes, and that same argument eas used before the previous game.

For me, there's no way Kenya will beat India in that one - too much at stake.
They've proven everyone wrong and they made life hard for India last time. Why not? Your a gambler Marc...if I was I would put £10 on the Kenyans.