• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India v Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because some of you guys are at work and are itching to know how the game is progressing, I am posting updates on this match periodically through the day - see front page.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vaas & Murali bowled bloody well amidst some carnage from Tendulkar, Sehwag & Ganguly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
krkode said:
Srinath rules! :wow:

Poor Tendulkar, another one stranded :(

:)
I think he will be happy with those 90s because both helped India to win important matches.

krkode

State Captain
anilramavarma said:
I think he will be happy with those 90s because both helped India to win important matches.
True. So am I :D

But a 100 is always better than a 90 :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
krkode said:
True. So am I :D

But a 100 is always better than a 90 :)
Well....he is already the highest rungetter in WCs, tied for the highest number of 100s, has the highest number of 50s, has the highest aggregate in a WC.........I don't think he would spend too much time brooding over those missed hundreds, do you?

Choora

State Regular
What a wonderful performance by India, seven win in a row, :D .
The way India is playing at the moment, its seems very unlikly thta any team would beat them (with the possible exception of Australia).

Go Ganguly go, win the cup for India!!

krkode

State Captain
anilramavarma said:
Well....he is already the highest rungetter in WCs, tied for the highest number of 100s, has the highest number of 50s, has the highest aggregate in a WC.........I don't think he would spend too much time brooding over those missed hundreds, do you?
I don't think he'd brood or worry about them either. It's not a question of that. It's just a question of a missed hundred :P

You don't have to read into everything someone says :lol: It's not as deep as it looks...it wasn't meant to be ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
krkode said:
I don't think he'd brood or worry about them either. It's not a question of that. It's just a question of a missed hundred :P

You don't have to read into everything someone says :lol: It's not as deep as it looks...it wasn't meant to be ;)
Alright buddy, "hands off" from my side, ok? :D :D

It's just that I can't resist a good argument.....:D

PY

International Coach
Choora said:
The way India is playing at the moment, its seems very unlikly thta any team would beat them (with the possible exception of Australia).
Ermm bit over the top aint it?:rolleyes: No offence but India should try being consistent over 1-2 years before they can claim that they are better than the current Aussie team. I would say that Australia are still heavily the favourites with India second by a country mile and anyones guess for the rest. But a comprehensive victory which shows what a big innings can do for your team in terms of form.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As much as it hurts.. GO INDIA

(The way I figure... every team I support this WC have screwed up with almost immediate effect. The one day in the past month I wore my replica WI shirt from 99, it was the Bangladesh Rain Day which knocked them out...)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
As much as it hurts.. GO INDIA

(The way I figure... every team I support this WC have screwed up with almost immediate effect. The one day in the past month I wore my replica WI shirt from 99, it was the Bangladesh Rain Day which knocked them out...)
What if the effect has been reversed without you knowing it?:P :P

Be very, very careful what you wish for, Neil. It just might happen.....:lol: :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I could live with that, India win the WC, then years and years of England dominance (I am yet to see them win the Ashes..)

Legglancer

State Regular
India has recovered admirably from their NZ debacle. Their is a profound change in their demeanor in their approach after the unfortunate rowdy... effigy burning that went on in thier homeland. It seems the team has responded by pulling together just at the right time. India has remarkably improved and i think they are currently only behind Australia. They have repeatedly stamped their superiority over England in England and awey in the recent past. I am awaiting the oncomeing India NZ match eagerly as NZ beat them at home recently (albeit crappy wickets).

My prediction is that India will defeat NZ by quite a margin.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's got to be NZ, they have won every game they've played in this WC (or did they loose to SL?) and their bowling lineup is one of the best in the cup, also their batsmen are in superb form. If you look at the 2 teams India are the strongest with batting and their bowlers are coming into good form while NZ's strength is their bowling although their batting is very much in form. Close but as I said before I'd go for NZ with another Tendulkar 50+

Choora

State Regular
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
Ermm bit over the top aint it?:rolleyes: No offence but India should try being consistent over 1-2 years before they can claim that they are better than the current Aussie team. I would say that Australia are still heavily the favourites with India second by a country mile and anyones guess for the rest. But a comprehensive victory which shows what a big innings can do for your team in terms of form.
1-2 years???:O :O , man, i talking about team's performance limited to this WC only! And i have clearly said that Austrlia can beat India:( .
Also winning the WC doesn't necessarily means that the team becomes number one team in the world!! Even if Australia fails to win the WC, they will still remain the number one team in the world (ICC rating) till some time atleast!

Legglancer

State Regular
Rik said:
I think it's got to be NZ, they have won every game they've played in this WC (or did they loose to SL?) and their bowling lineup is one of the best in the cup, also their batsmen are in superb form. If you look at the 2 teams India are the strongest with batting and their bowlers are coming into good form while NZ's strength is their bowling although their batting is very much in form. Close but as I said before I'd go for NZ with another Tendulkar 50+

I beg to differ .... First of all NZ lost to Sri Lanka in their opening match by quite a margin where the lanken batsman has no worries in dealing with NZ bowlers (except maybe Bond).

NZ bowling has nothing major to write home about .. even Canada and Bangladesh scored almost 200 against them. Where NZ has improved is in their new aggressive batting through Fleming, Styris, Astle, Cairns. India seems to be the more balenced team of the two.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must admit, I thought Choora was talking short term in his post.

What amazes me about the Indian's in this cup is their bowlers performance - not one of them comes close to conceding 5 or more an over, and that could be the key if the batting continues to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.