• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A less than serious post..............

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hilly,

A unique opportunity has arisen to purchase these limited edition pieces of memorabilia from the ICC World Cup. There will only be 500 of these released worldwide so be in quick.

The picture captures Mark Boucher in a splendid forward defensive stroke and Lance Klusener happily leaning on his bat at the non-strikers end as the last ball of the 45th over of South Africa's innings is bowled. It captures perfectly the moment when the South African management had a brain melt and assured the batsmen that 229 was enough for victory, when they needed 230 to advance to the Super Six. The picture is titled "Not a-f**king-gain" and will sell at $1000 + p & p.

For an extra $500 you can also buy "Oh f**k it!", the limited edition picture from the 1999 World Cup capturing the sheer confusion of the moment when Allan Donald had a brain melt and forgot how to run.

Why not buy the boxed set of "South African Cricket - Why we have never won the f**in World Cup" which includes the previously unreleased "You've got to be f**king joking!", a picture which captures the looks on the faces of the South African batsmen faces after the big screen flashes up that the revised target they were chasing for victory vs. England in the 1992 World Cup SemiFinal was 22 runs off 1 ball.

This opportunity to re-live the greatest moments in South African Cricket history is very limited so hurry while stocks last.

Your good mate,

Gibbsy.

Simon

thats very good, but going off topic for a second...

when the commentators try to sell this garbage, why do they always say you can buy it for $550 fully framed
Id be interested to know what it looks like partly framed

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it sounds like kicking them when they are well and truly down.....!!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Top_Cat said:
Hilly,

A unique opportunity has arisen to purchase these limited edition pieces of memorabilia from the ICC World Cup. There will only be 500 of these released worldwide so be in quick.

The picture captures Mark Boucher in a splendid forward defensive stroke and Lance Klusener happily leaning on his bat at the non-strikers end as the last ball of the 45th over of South Africa's innings is bowled. It captures perfectly the moment when the South African management had a brain melt and assured the batsmen that 229 was enough for victory, when they needed 230 to advance to the Super Six. The picture is titled "Not a-f**king-gain" and will sell at $1000 + p & p.

For an extra $500 you can also buy "Oh f**k it!", the limited edition picture from the 1999 World Cup capturing the sheer confusion of the moment when Allan Donald had a brain melt and forgot how to run.

Why not buy the boxed set of "South African Cricket - Why we have never won the f**in World Cup" which includes the previously unreleased "You've got to be f**king joking!", a picture which captures the looks on the faces of the South African batsmen faces after the big screen flashes up that the revised target they were chasing for victory vs. England in the 1992 World Cup SemiFinal was 22 runs off 1 ball.

This opportunity to re-live the greatest moments in South African Cricket history is very limited so hurry while stocks last.

Your good mate,

Gibbsy.

ssssshhhhhhh! There is always 2007 :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I know you Aussies don't like the South Africans but that's pretty cruel...

Not to say it's not funny though, I have a cruel sense of humour...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: A less than serious post..............

Langeveldt said:
ssssshhhhhhh! There is always 2007 :D
What, to mess up again? ;)

(Proof of forsaid cruel sense of humour)
:lol:

Top_Cat

I know you Aussies don't like the South Africans but that's pretty cruel...
That's total rubbish. We get along fine with South Africans. The Aussie cricket team is probably the same, if what I've read from players is correct. In fact the joy the Aussie teams gets out of beating South Africa is surely a measure of how much they respect the Proteas as opponents?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
That's total rubbish. We get along fine with South Africans. The Aussie cricket team is probably the same, if what I've read from players is correct. In fact the joy the Aussie teams gets out of beating South Africa is surely a measure of how much they respect the Proteas as opponents?
Ok then, my mistake...but still that wasn't very nice :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's nothing compared to what the duck says about people

<quack> but more succinctly and a lot more politely.

Last edited:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I think that they're fair game. I had predicted that they would choke in the semifinals so they've really outdone themselves. A very clever post that I enjoyed immensely.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think theyre just bitter about being second best in the test tables , or maybe this is just another SA fan clutching at straws??:lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
I think theyre just bitter about being second best in the test tables , or maybe this is just another SA fan clutching at straws??:lol:
The Test tables are a load of rubbish, and you know it!

What makes me laugh is that Wisden Cricket Monthly campaigned long and hard for this ranking system (when all along I personally prefer the Cricketer one which is calculated along the same lines as the PWC, although I now prefer the NP ratings)

The last few months, WCM have been criticising the rankings for having SA as number 1 - do you think they ought to make up their mind?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
The Test tables are a load of rubbish, and you know it!

What makes me laugh is that Wisden Cricket Monthly campaigned long and hard for this ranking system (when all along I personally prefer the Cricketer one which is calculated along the same lines as the PWC, although I now prefer the NP ratings)

The last few months, WCM have been criticising the rankings for having SA as number 1 - do you think they ought to make up their mind?
I think they ought to campaign for the NP ratings to be made official :)