• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India V Kenya

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
23 for 2 now. This is going to be tough for India. Hope they can squeeze through.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This is developing into an ambush of huge proportions by Kenya. Neil, your hex seems to be working...!!! :!( :!( :!(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ganguly (his regal left-handedness) and Yuvraj are on top of the situation.

Problem solved.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Ganguly (his regal left-handedness) and Yuvraj are on top of the situation.

Problem solved.
Yeah, that really was a tricky situation and Ganguly came through. Yuvraj is proving to be the ice man in these pressure situations, something like what Bevan is doing for Australia.

krkode

State Captain
YES!

What a match!

Ganguly! I knew he had it in him :D

And don't say it's only Kenya. Many batsmen fail to score hundreds against Kenya.:yawn:

Ponting and Ganguly! Two captains' innnings in one day :wow:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well let's see if he can crack it against NZ (is it NZ?). So far he's only scored 100s against minor nations. But fair enough, Kenya played out of their skins today and even I will (quite grudgingly) accept that Ganguly's innings was a fine innings.

PY

International Coach
I honestky thought that Kenya were really going to push India right to the edge. Was perfectly summed up when a commentator said it was the most professional/disciplined performance he'd seen from a so-called minnow nation. That was the key, every Kenyan player was throwing himself around and putting his wholl heart into it and the bowlers bowled tightly (little amount given away with extras). In comparison India were the opposite and were very shoddy in the field and were ill-disciplined. BUT...were dug out of a huge hole by Ganguly and Dravid and Yuvraj Singh. It seems like if one or two quality players fail then another couple fill in for Indians at the moment. Quite a large turn around from earlier in tournament. Tendulkar failed today as well as Sehwag (even with injury) yet still three batters performed really well. However the bowling needs majorly tightening for them to compete with the Aussies in my opinion. And a slight attitude change possibly. Well Done to India and well done to Kenya for given as good as they got for 80 overs. :)

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, Kenya played with great spirit and intensity, but hats off to Ganguly, he came good when India needed it.

Hopefully it will be a Australia v India final, now thats good entertainment

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent.
Yes but Ganguly still seems to be in bad form, even the comentators were saying it. The fact remains that he hasn't made a score against any major team for a while, maybe this will herald a return to form, but it's been said many a time and nothing has come of it.

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Yes but Ganguly still seems to be in bad form, even the comentators were saying it. The fact remains that he hasn't made a score against any major team for a while, maybe this will herald a return to form, but it's been said many a time and nothing has come of it.
Well but he still has class :P

The best players are those that will find their way out of recessions like the one Ganguly is having. And Ganguly is on that road to form again...dunno if he'll drop off now, but I think it's unlikely given his class. But then I like to think what I want to think ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well but he still has class :P

The best players are those that will find their way out of recessions like the one Ganguly is having. And Ganguly is on that road to form again...dunno if he'll drop off now, but I think it's unlikely given his class. But then I like to think what I want to think ;)
I've never seen his "class"

All I've seen is a very scratchy Batsman who can time the ball well sometimes but mostly reaches for wide balls and gets out, often comically, a very hittable medium-pacer, poor fielder and sometimes a very lax captain. There are a few players I've seen who have not impressed me including Ganguly and Brett Lee. Both players have done hardly anything when I've watched them play, and, as such, I have nothing else to really go on. Nothing personal, I just can't be impressed with what I've seen :)

In the league this season I scored nearly 200 runs, about 50 more than this other young player who everyone talks about because of his "class" and "beutiful style," frankly I'd rather keep my runs than make 50 less but more attractively...

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Rik, its obvious you havent seen the Ganguly of 1996/97/98/99, when he was regarded in the top 10 in batting stakes in the world.

You dont get 9000 odd ODI runs at an average of 43 with 21 centuries, and still be scratchy mate!

You dont get called "one of the greatest players of off side shots" by none other than David Gower (and he is stingy when it comes to praise).

Like Mark Taylor, Like Hussain, Ganguly's going through a tough patch, im sure he will come out stronger after hitting this ton.

krkode

State Captain
Well we all know that Rik isn't the only person who needs to be impressed to want to call someone class :P

I guess it's all a relative thing. In fact it IS a relative thing. It's an opinion thing. Maybe the day we go out there and try it out for once - see what it's like to play bowlers like McGrath and Akram - maybe that's the day we'll truly be able to judge "class."

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
I've never seen his "class"
Rik were you in a box during the 99/2000 season? Did you not see the 99 WC? Ganguly was awesome and a joy to watch. Sachin and Ganguly have combined for more ODI century opening partnerships than anyone else and Sachin didn't score all 100+ runs. You're just being harsh on him because he's Indian and you're jealous that he can actually bat :rolleyes: :P

I gained alot of respect for Ganguly after that innings yesterday. He played it under pressure and played well for a deserved century. He should still be freed from the captaincy though because it's been affecting his batting.

Yuvraj Singh is also developing into a very fine player. He's dependable and scores his runs correctly...not contrived.

Well done Kenya though, for pushing the Indians.