• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India V Kenya

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Acutally the only times I've seen him bat were 2 winters ago and in the summer. I can't say he's one of the greatest players I've ever seen if I've never seen him play before...

Actually, krkode, McGrath likes bowling to Ganguly as he usually gets him out :D

And Liam, I already said it was a good innings, what else do you want me to do? Give him my sister in marriage? :rolleyes:

krkode

State Captain
Well just because you've seen very little of him doesn't make him a bad player :P or does it? ;)

And you misunderstood my comment about McGrath. Sure McGrath gets him out a lot of the time, but when we, here sitting in air conditioned rooms in front of our computers, talk about "class" we talk like we can do their job better. So all I was saying is, we can truly judge class the day we've actually seen how hard it is to play bowlers at that level. :P

V Reddy

International Debutant
krkode said:
when we, here sitting in air conditioned rooms in front of our computers, talk about "class" we talk like we can do their job better. :P
He may just say that he can even hit McGrath straight over his head for a six as he just bowls at the same place all the time ;) . He has supreme confidence in his abilities ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After all, Rik is the third coming of Bradman.....after Hick of course.....

We must bow down....and submit!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
Well just because you've seen very little of him doesn't make him a bad player :P or does it? ;)
From what I've seen he looks like someone who used to be a very stylish batsman who just keeps getting out trying to play in that same way, and it's not working. Would you be impressed with someone who, every time you have seen him, he has done nothing special? To me he is not a bad player but he's nothing special either, because I've seen nothing to prove that he is special except a load of stats from years ago. You rate from what you see, and from what I've seen there's not a whole lot to rate :)

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
After all, Rik is the third coming of Bradman.....after Hick of course.....

We must bow down....and submit!
Oh ha ha, very funny. :rolleyes:

Did I ever say I was better? Nope...try again please :)

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
How about admitting that he is a very good batsman?
Because from what I've seen he was a very good batsman but no longer is.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
And you misunderstood my comment about McGrath. Sure McGrath gets him out a lot of the time, but when we, here sitting in air conditioned rooms in front of our computers, talk about "class" we talk like we can do their job better. So all I was saying is, we can truly judge class the day we've actually seen how hard it is to play bowlers at that level. :P
You forget that this is the whole point of the forum...I have never once said I'm better than any of them, I've just said I've not been impressed or I don't rate them highly. Have I once said I am better? Nope? Try again...:)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite odd that you all get on my back when I actually say that he played a good innings...ironic maybe...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After some discussion, the prosecution prepared to respond to this bold objection:

"YOU LIE!!!!!!!ADMIT IT....YOU'RE GUILTY!!!!!!!!! Thank you Your Honor. No further questions."

"You didn't ask any questions," His Highness, "Would the defence like to present their rebottle?"

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
You forget that this is the whole point of the forum...I have never once said I'm better than any of them, I've just said I've not been impressed or I don't rate them highly. Have I once said I am better? Nope? Try again...:)
I didn't say you said you were better, either :P I just said, we sounded like we think we can do better than they can. We not you :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
I didn't say you said you were better, either :P I just said, we sounded like we think we can do better than they can. We not you :saint:
Shall we all take AA on? :lol: