• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Complete Domination

hourn

U19 Cricketer
This display from Australia is simply incredible. They are absolutely smashing the Sri Lankans.

Belted 319 from 50 overs, including a ton from Ponting and 99 from Gillchrist.

Sri Lanka are now 4/48 with Jayasuriya in hospital retired hurt (effectively 5 down).

Australia are on a different evel at the moment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
England where the only side to challange
"Challenge" is just not enough, the operative word should be "conquer". Is there any team recently which can say that?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
England were the only team to challenge...lol
Lets not forget that Australia have not played New Zealand and will not play South Africa or The West Indies..although I have no doubts Australia probably would have or will win those matches.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
England were the only team to challenge...lol
Lets not forget that Australia have not played New Zealand and will not play South Africa or The West Indies..although I have no doubts Australia probably would have or will win those matches.
Yes, but it still stands that England have been the only nation to challange Australia for a while, since NZ and SA toured Australia in fact. And 2 close matches in a row means it ain't a fluke either. Although Australia have eventually won the matches England have challanged them, no one else has.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
I think Aussies will murder New Zealand there is a gulf of class between them.
Yes like Australia failed to reach the finals of the VB series when NZ and SA were over?

V Reddy

International Debutant
I want NZ to play Aus in the semis. I think they have a real good chance of beating them.

Choora

State Regular
vishnureddy said:
I want NZ to play Aus in the semis. I think they have a real good chance of beating them.

Looks unlikely, Austrlia will finish as number one team in SS, while India will be the runner up.NZ is most probably going to get the third slot while SL will end up as the fourth team.That way its going to be an AUS VS SL & INd vs NZ semis!

Though if Kenya do beat the Zimb then Kenya might creep into the semis at the expense of Lanka

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
NZ must beat one of India or Aus to progress, unless SL fail to beat Zim (which, dismal as they were today, I don't see happening)

Aus-NZ final for me.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
NZ have the bowling to beat Aus.
Ind have the batting to beat Aus.

It's a hard choice......
Answers:

1. They nearly did
2. They didn't last time they played them!

Choora

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
NZ must beat one of India or Aus to progress, unless SL fail to beat Zim (which, dismal as they were today, I don't see happening)

Aus-NZ final for me.

Well NZ have lost to Aus, and Sl is unlikely to lose to Zimbabwe.I think on current form India will beat NZ, so i don't think NZ will be able to play the final really!

Choora

State Regular
NZ has 8 point while Kenya has ten points.If NZ loses to India but beat Zimbabwe then it can progress to semis & possibly to the final later on only IF kenya loses to Zimbabwe.

Legglancer

State Regular
Choora said:
NZ has 8 point while Kenya has ten points.If NZ loses to India but beat Zimbabwe then it can progress to semis & possibly to the final later on only IF kenya loses to Zimbabwe.
HI Choora I thought If NZ lost to India they will only have 8 while if SL beat Zimbabwe SL will have 11.5 and if Zim's beat Kenya Zims will only have 7.5. thereby pushing kenya to the 4th place ranking. If kenya Beat Zimbabwe Kenya will assume 3rd place with 14 points pushing SL down to the 4th place.

Choora

State Regular
You are correct Legglancer, Kiwis have already played against Zimbabwe so if they do lose to India then they will be out of the tournament.

I think the match between India and NZ will be a cracker, NZ will be desperate for a win, while India would be looking for some revenge!

Legglancer

State Regular
Ditto .... I think India has the more balenced and stronger team of the two. I just hope that they keep themselves mentally strong (especially Srinath and Nehra) and sehwag should be a little watchful and not throw his wicket awey !