• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Complete Domination

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
It is going to be wonderful contest between Black cap's bowlers and India's batters. I believe New Zealand have a wonderful bowling line up, Bond especially was SUPERB against Australia, the delivery which got Harvey out gotta be "the delivery of the tournament". Would be great to see Sachin/Dravid/Yuvraj against the likes of Bond,Adam , Oram.

NZ though have a susceptible batting lineup and Indian bowlers have been doing extremely well lately, i guess this is where India will have an advantage over NZ.

My prediction: India will just edge out Kiwis:P

Though having Black caps in the semis would make the tournament more competitive !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
You are correct Legglancer, Kiwis have already played against Zimbabwe so if they do lose to India then they will be out of the tournament.

I think the match between India and NZ will be a cracker, NZ will be desperate for a win, while India would be looking for some revenge!
I know where my money will be in this instance.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
I know where my money will be in this instance.

Well if India do loses to New Zeland (something which the Indian team and its fans must not be looking forward too) it would still not efect India's position at all as India would be taking on Kenya in the semis. But a NZ win over India would mean NZ taking on Australia in the other semis, and i would say that it would be a wonderful match, with Bond having another chance to torment the Aussie batsmen

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Rik said:
Yes, but it still stands that England have been the only nation to challange Australia for a while, since NZ and SA toured Australia in fact. And 2 close matches in a row means it ain't a fluke either. Although Australia have eventually won the matches England have challanged them, no one else has.
IF wins is anything to go by might I add the Super challenge last year ? against Pakistan ? so someone has come close to beating them, oh wait that was off-season :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Australia get their act together, they could go a long way in this World Cup.;)

Really, I don't think they've performed apart from in patches.

Assuming an Australia v India final (and we've all learned a little about making assumptions this WC), it'll be down to who does it on the day.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
anilramavarma said:
I hope you didn't lose a lot of money, Marc!:saint:

I didn't, because for that game, my money was quite firmly remaining in my pocket!

I did feel India were likely victors, but with the odds like they were, it wasn't a big enough feeling to warrant placing any money on them!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I didn't, because for that game, my money was quite firmly remaining in my pocket!

I did feel India were likely victors, but with the odds like they were, it wasn't a big enough feeling to warrant placing any money on them!
Very astute of you Marc!:D

Spoken like a true gambler....:D