Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Disapointment.

International Debutant

Biggest Disapointment.

Who do you think has been the biggest disapointment so far in this world cup.

Kallis has been shocking as have Jayawardana , Inzi & Ganguly
    I think Shoib Aktah has been disapointing and Brett Lee has not been as productive as I hoped he would.

For me its Kallis up untill the game Vs Sri lanka he had not taken a wicket in the world cup and has not made a 50. Thats pritty bad for somone South Africa count on so much.

On the other hand I nominate Davison as the biggest supprise player.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Ganuly hasn't been as bad as Inzi and Jayawardene. Afridi's been horrible but then again no one expected him to do well so it's not exactly a disappointment

I would say Inzamam. Kallis has at least managed to breech double figures.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Too early to say. Sure Kallis, Inzi etc. have had average to poor WC's so far but in the finals, experience is what counts and I could imagine someone like Kallis blasting a ton in the Super Sixes and hitting some form. The early front-runners like Sachin, inevitably have average finals series, as was shown in Sachin's 1996 and 1999 World Cup campaigns.

Remember; form is temporary, class is permanent.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

I don't think Ganguly has been disappointing. To me, he has even been impressive. I thought he handled the criticism well, and I think he's led us to some great victories in recent times. And also he made a century...you can't discount those, no matter who the opposition. "Better" batsmen failed to score centuries versus Namibia.

Coming to the main point, I would say the most disappointing based on his country's expectations of him would be Inzamam, Chris Cairns and Kallis. I realize that Cairns hasn't had match practice for a LONG time, but the Kiwis need him to perform if they're gonna get very far in the next stage...

Tim
    Theres no way Cairns will bowl now in the World Cup, he just hasn't had enough match practice & now that the stakes are high they can't afford to bowl him.

With the bat he's been pretty good, he's scored a few quickfire 30's here & there

Banned
    Biggest dissapointment got to be Inzi, he's totally out of sorts.

Others include, Kallis , Donald and to some extend Akhter and Lee (so far).

Shahid Afridi on the other hand has lived upto the expectations!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    chris gayle and the west indies in general have been pretty disapointing

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Once the last games are played today I will do an in-depth analysis of the Fantasy points obtained by each player, and see who's been surprisingly good, and who not so!

By the way, those that selected a South African captain or vice Captain must now be kicking themselves!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Originally posted by marc71178
    By the way, those that selected a South African captain or vice Captain must now be kicking themselves!
    Kallis

Rik
    I nominate the Entire South African team.

Yes I had Kallis as my Vice Captain and Andy Flower as my captain, I really ought to have picked players who would do well and get through but I heard it only counted for the 1st stage :rolleyes: :duh:

Oh and I picked Pollock...d'oh
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

i had Ntini as my other south african, he played alright.

Re: Biggest Disapointment.

Originally posted by Eclipse
    Who do you think has been the biggest disapointment so far in this world cup.

Kallis has been shocking as have Jayawardana , Inzi & Ganguly
    I think Shoib Aktah has been disapointing and Brett Lee has not been as productive as I hoped he would.

For me its Kallis up untill the game Vs Sri lanka he had not taken a wicket in the world cup and has not made a 50. Thats pritty bad for somone South Africa count on so much.

On the other hand I nominate Davison as the biggest supprise player.

Well, after yesterday night It will be South Africa, followed closely by Pakistan. In all honesty, both these sides have perhaps registered there worse World Cup performances.

Individually, Inzi is the biggest, 16 runs in 5 matches is a horrible embarrasment to this mans talents.

Kallis was supposed to be among the most succesful players in this World Cup, yet he has faltered badly.

Saqlain Not of his own accord but the treatment handed down to him was most dissapointing. Sure SA pitches are pace oriented, classy spinners are equally effective

Shoaib He may have bowled the blurry ball, everything else has been out of focus

Jayawardene Just refuses to revamp his approach to each innings, reckless footwork and worse shot selection have seen his campaign flop all around him.

Sachin Tendulkar He did that....err....against Pakistan....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Originally posted by broncoman
    chris gayle and the west indies in general have been pretty disapointing
    maybe gayle umm saw this post before he went out to bat today, im going to have to come up with a new candidate now :!(

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Inzy - no doubt about it.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    Yes I had Kallis as my Vice Captain and Andy Flower as my captain, I really ought to have picked players who would do well and get through but I heard it only counted for the 1st stage :rolleyes: :duh:
    Note to Rik - reading the rules is a good idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information