• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Disapointment.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Who do you think has been the biggest disapointment so far in this world cup.

Kallis has been shocking as have Jayawardana , Inzi & Ganguly
I think Shoib Aktah has been disapointing and Brett Lee has not been as productive as I hoped he would.

For me its Kallis up untill the game Vs Sri lanka he had not taken a wicket in the world cup and has not made a 50. Thats pritty bad for somone South Africa count on so much.

On the other hand I nominate Davison as the biggest supprise player.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ganuly hasn't been as bad as Inzi and Jayawardene. Afridi's been horrible but then again no one expected him to do well so it's not exactly a disappointment :)

I would say Inzamam. Kallis has at least managed to breech double figures.

Top_Cat

Too early to say. Sure Kallis, Inzi etc. have had average to poor WC's so far but in the finals, experience is what counts and I could imagine someone like Kallis blasting a ton in the Super Sixes and hitting some form. The early front-runners like Sachin, inevitably have average finals series, as was shown in Sachin's 1996 and 1999 World Cup campaigns.

Remember; form is temporary, class is permanent.

krkode

State Captain
I don't think Ganguly has been disappointing. To me, he has even been impressive. I thought he handled the criticism well, and I think he's led us to some great victories in recent times. And also he made a century...you can't discount those, no matter who the opposition. "Better" batsmen failed to score centuries versus Namibia.

Coming to the main point, I would say the most disappointing based on his country's expectations of him would be Inzamam, Chris Cairns and Kallis. I realize that Cairns hasn't had match practice for a LONG time, but the Kiwis need him to perform if they're gonna get very far in the next stage...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Theres no way Cairns will bowl now in the World Cup, he just hasn't had enough match practice & now that the stakes are high they can't afford to bowl him.

With the bat he's been pretty good, he's scored a few quickfire 30's here & there

yohanna

Banned
Biggest dissapointment got to be Inzi, he's totally out of sorts.

Others include, Kallis , Donald and to some extend Akhter and Lee (so far).

Shahid Afridi on the other hand has lived upto the expectations!

Simon

chris gayle and the west indies in general have been pretty disapointing

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Once the last games are played today I will do an in-depth analysis of the Fantasy points obtained by each player, and see who's been surprisingly good, and who not so!

By the way, those that selected a South African captain or vice Captain must now be kicking themselves!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I nominate the Entire South African team.

Yes I had Kallis as my Vice Captain and Andy Flower as my captain, I really ought to have picked players who would do well and get through but I heard it only counted for the 1st stage :rolleyes: :duh:

Oh and I picked Pollock...d'oh

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
Who do you think has been the biggest disapointment so far in this world cup.

Kallis has been shocking as have Jayawardana , Inzi & Ganguly
I think Shoib Aktah has been disapointing and Brett Lee has not been as productive as I hoped he would.

For me its Kallis up untill the game Vs Sri lanka he had not taken a wicket in the world cup and has not made a 50. Thats pritty bad for somone South Africa count on so much.

On the other hand I nominate Davison as the biggest supprise player.

Well, after yesterday night It will be South Africa, followed closely by Pakistan. In all honesty, both these sides have perhaps registered there worse World Cup performances.

Individually, Inzi is the biggest, 16 runs in 5 matches is a horrible embarrasment to this mans talents.

Kallis was supposed to be among the most succesful players in this World Cup, yet he has faltered badly.

Saqlain Not of his own accord but the treatment handed down to him was most dissapointing. Sure SA pitches are pace oriented, classy spinners are equally effective

Shoaib He may have bowled the blurry ball, everything else has been out of focus

Jayawardene Just refuses to revamp his approach to each innings, reckless footwork and worse shot selection have seen his campaign flop all around him.

Sachin Tendulkar He did that....err....against Pakistan....

Simon

broncoman said:
chris gayle and the west indies in general have been pretty disapointing
maybe gayle umm saw this post before he went out to bat today, im going to have to come up with a new candidate now :!(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Yes I had Kallis as my Vice Captain and Andy Flower as my captain, I really ought to have picked players who would do well and get through but I heard it only counted for the 1st stage :rolleyes: :duh:
Note to Rik - reading the rules is a good idea.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Inzi and Kallis have been the biggest disappointments of this WC. Both are the cornerstones of their respective teams and both are big match players and as such have been huge let-downs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

6 Innings
19 Runs
2 Ducks
1 Run Out
6 Horrible games
1 Huge disappointment

for Inzamam "the man" Ul-Haq.

krkode

State Captain
Personally, I think SA was just hindered by form, not captaincy. Pollock had very little to work with. The names are big, but the performances this world cup have been very unimpressive, especially from supposedly big names like Kirsten, Kallis, and Donald.

Langeveldt

Soutie
krkode said:
Personally, I think SA was just hindered by form, not captaincy. Pollock had very little to work with. The names are big, but the performances this world cup have been very unimpressive, especially from supposedly big names like Kirsten, Kallis, and Donald.

Yes SA of course, also the West Indies after that brilliant start they had, and Shahid Afridi

Simon

why was Afridi a disapointment, hes an average international cricketer at best, he fails more often than not, its not like his performances were a shock.