• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs Zimbabwe

chris.hinton

International Captain
Come on Pakistan win the match but only by 8 runs or something

but somehow it wont Happen

If england are in the super 6s we will get to the semis

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well considering the Pakistani's are brawling with each other over a game of soccer, their moral must be very low so if Zimbabwe feel confident they could gain a huge upset & sneak into the Super 6 at the expense of Pakistan & England.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Well considering the Pakistani's are brawling with each other over a game of soccer, their moral must be very low so if Zimbabwe feel confident they could gain a huge upset & sneak into the Super 6 at the expense of Pakistan & England.
That's the worry - the disquiet in the camp. Trouble at t' mill, I reckon.

For Pakistan to go through, it has to be a total slaughter. If Pakistan bat first, they will have to win by a minimum of 185 runs by my reckoning. As far as batting second, I've only calculated a few. Target and overs required.
Chasing 50, overs = 9
100 - 11
150 - 12
200 - 13
250 - 14

and so on (I may be wrong - haven't double-checked the program). What it means really is that Pakistan really need to win the toss, bat, score 350 and then bowl them out for 160 or less.

My money's on Zimbabwe to win the game at a canter anyway.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well we saw NZ was able to get 9 runs an over, but that was against Canada..and even then they still lost wickets.

To average 9 for about at least 30 overs against Zimbabwe will be one of the greatest batting achievement because Zimbabwe's bowling is obviously alot better & at times under-rated.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
I think it was a frustrated Inzi there venting anger. Dont read into such things when judging Pakistan in particular, because they really dont matter.

It looks glum and impossible for Pakistan but I think it is possible, I say that they should go out there and bat second. Try their best to bowl out Zimbabwe for 100-120 and slog it off. I think that the best chance Pakistan have is this, why ? just because I dont think the Pakistani's have the form to score 350 against even zimbabwe. However they could come good if they had to slog off a total. ITs going to be tough in any case. England have a good chance of making it through.

sigh.....what a World cup ! SA out and now probably Pakistan out !

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem for Zimbabwe is that, as Cricinfo said, their only match-winner is Olonga and he's probably not going to play. Blignaut and Hondo lack accuracy and Streak isn't very threatening in ODIs. I think we will see a Pakistan win. As well as hoping ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And it's raining :!(

SA missed out on going through by 1 run, if it rains all day England will miss out by 2 balls :!(

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
And it's raining :!(

SA missed out on going through by 1 run, if it rains all day England will miss out by 2 balls :!(
well.....They should have made another pool ...........Pool Rain ! Nobody wins against them

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan have won the toss and will bat. Sean Ervine comes in for Zimbabwe and Olonga misses out again. Try telling me this is nothing to do with the protest.

Match reduced to 44 overs a side.

End of 4th over - 13 for 1 Elahi LBW to Hondo for 4.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
24-1 in 6.3 They are playing it safe for the moment, which is the way to go. Atleast get a firm base in conditoins helpful for swing. Accumulating like this until the 25 or 30 over mark and then a run explosion........easier said then done :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
And rain again, really heavy this time. The pitch is getting wet as the covers are blown around by the wind. Cancellation maybe :(

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Rik said:
And rain again, really heavy this time. The pitch is getting wet as the covers are blown around by the wind. Cancellation maybe :(
England Pakistan get the boot and yet another side that should not be, will make it to the ss..............:!(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gotchya said:
England Pakistan get the boot and yet another side that should not be, will make it to the ss..............:!(
Shame, but tough. Now if England had beaten Australia....

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotchya said:
no need to be bitter because your ****ing ****** team didnt make it. Zimbabwe deserve to be there and Pakistan dont. Every team there deserves to be and every team that missed out should be on the boat home.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
no need to be bitter because your ****ing ****** team didnt make it. Zimbabwe deserve to be there and Pakistan dont. Every team there deserves to be and every team that missed out should be on the boat home.
Couldn't have put it less eloquently myself - but I do agree 100% with the sentiments.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gotchya said:
who made that app ?
Me :)

Right, there's no need for language like that, Simon. There is far more of a case for suggesting that Zimbabwe are undeserving of a Super Six place then Kenya.