• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ vs Canada

Kimbo

International Debutant
This should be interesting.

It's black against red. I'm predicting a New Zealand win, based on the fact that by mixing black and red, the colour you end up with is much closer to black than red.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL, im sure they will win, however i doubt it will have anything to do with your theory!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's understandable that Sunil had developed this peculiar colour fixation. It's all down to playing for too long in the 'other game' thread in 'off-topic'. Working backwards, we have:

colour
pretty
clothes
cardigan
wool
sheep

see? Inevitable.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
well if this theory is correct then.
NZ vs AUS.
Black vs Yellow.
NZ should win...

But then I believe that Black is the Dominant colour out of all the other team colours so I don't think it works.

Anyway back to the subject:
New Zealand should win but they need to win well. I am picking a thrashing.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ will win this, but the key is by how much they will win by.

IMO im more interested in the S.L v S.A match because if Sri Lanka win then NZ's run-rate won't matter & South Africa are out of the equation.

NZ I think deserve to make the Super 6, they won some very tough matches & really should have beaten Sri Lanka aswell.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's the deal:

If South Africa beat S.L then:

Kenya & South Africa qualify because they will have both won 2 of the 3 games between the 5 of them. with NZ & S.L left fighting it out on run-rate.
Now Sri Lanka have + 1.4 but if they lose that will go down, but by how much we don't know.
NZ is + .4 & they will need to monster Canada to make sure they have a good chance should Sri Lanka lose.

If Sri Lanka beat South Africa then:

Kenya, NZ & Sri Lanka qualify because everybody will be on different points.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
!!!!! John Davison is outstanding. Every shot he has played has been off the absolute epicentre of the middle of the bat.

67* off about 40 balls, just insane batting & NZ will need to double his effort from here on in.

Kimbo

International Debutant
he is out now, bowled harry, caught cairns.

canada 98-4. nz have to finish em off now.

come on black... i sense the black just starting to move in on the red, red is struggling now, going maroon...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
go Canada, gee they (davison) are going well. id really like to see NZ go down from here, but some how i doubt canada can bowl them out cheaply enough.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know about you guys, but Nicky de Groot has been a big disappointment to me in recent games. Such a promising start in his first 3 games followed by consistent displays of non-ducks of late.

Today, he's actually, beginning to look good.

That'll put an end to it - praise from me. He's got no chance now.

Legglancer

State Regular
Tim said:
NZ I think deserve to make the Super 6, they won some very tough matches & really should have beaten Sri Lanka aswell. [/B]

However Sri Lanka is by far the superior team as their record against NZ in recent times is phenominal ( 17-3). :wow:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well total crap bowling from Oram, Adams & Styris.
NZ need something like 197 off 19 overs to get a nrr of 1.00 which would probably be enough to get them through should Sri Lanka lose tonight.

I actually can't really explain what the hell NZ were doing..bowling short to the tail-enders when all the Canadian batsmen had been out to pitched up deliveries.

NZ need minimum a nrr of .80 I think to have any chance should Sri Lanka fail.

Legglancer: yup thats right, but we're talking about just that one game & if anyone had bothered to stay with Styris NZ would have won that match.

Anyway even if NZ make it to the Super 6 Im really concerned about the bowling. NZ have too many bounce bowlers (Oram, Adams, Mills, Tuffey) who will get absolutely smashed on good batting wickets.

May the force be with them when they bat.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact is, is that apart from Australia all the other teams have played very poorly against the minnows, perhaps apart from Zimbabwe aswell when they thrashed Namibia.

And today was no exception because it looked like NZ were just expecting Canada to give them wickets.

Luckily the outfield is lightning & the boundaries are small...I have a feeling Andre Adams may open or bat at 3, because they will need to go at 8 or 9 runs an over.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
The fact is, is that apart from Australia all the other teams have played very poorly against the minnows, perhaps apart from Zimbabwe aswell when they thrashed Namibia.

Which goes to show one thing - in a 50 over game, the actual margin between the test nations (except Bangladesh) and the non-test-playing nations is an awful lot smaller than we envisaged at the start of the tournament.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I have a feeling Andre Adams may open or bat at 3, because they will need to go at 8 or 9 runs an over.
4 actually. And it came off :)