• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ vs Canada

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well there we are...NZ finish with a nrr of .99 which I guess they would have targeted at the start of the day. 197/5 off 23 overs ain't half bad.

Still some concerns over NZ's bowling but I think all the batsmen are showing some kind of form. Now we sit & wait to see how S.L/S.A go.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well NZ lost wickets but got the runs quickly. Davison another great all round performance. One of the stars of the tournament coming from Canada - who'd have thought?

Anyway will it be enough? SA are batting second under lights and at the moment SL are looking like posting somewhere in the region of 250 if they keep going. Maybe a bit less, 230?

Anyway I think that will be enough to beat SA, which means NZ go through right? And SA are out?

Either way Vaas could add to his amazing wicket tally here!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah if South Africa lose then Kenya, NZ & S.L go through.
if Sri Lanka lose then it comes down to run-rate between NZ & S.L to decide who goes through with Kenya & S.A

It looks to me as though 240 would be quite a good score & with the form Vaas & Murali are in...South Africa would have to really play well to chase that down.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
The fact is, is that apart from Australia all the other teams have played very poorly against the minnows, perhaps apart from Zimbabwe aswell when they thrashed Namibia.
And England against the Dutch.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Its looking very good for NZ now as SRL are posting a very good total and SAF have to bat under lights.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
vishnureddy said:
Its looking very good for NZ now as SRL are posting a very good total and SAF have to bat under lights.
SA are making a match of it. Gibbs is batting very well right now and SA are 127 for 3 in 24 overs....NZ still has to hold their breath...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
147 for 3 in 28 now, Gibbs is going great guns. Even Murali is getting hit(4-0-21-0).