• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs India

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
That should read "batsman" or just plain "Tendulkar"

Another win for India, again with no help from Ganguly who did score a run or take a wicket...I don't think I can remember a captain who so rarely leads by example.
Not just Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kaif and Dravid also faced them with ease, Yuvraj infact gave them a hammering:lol:

AS for Ganguly, he will come good at some stage, you never know he might strike form in the super six stage!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
As was Ashish Nehra by Pakistan
And most of the Indian attack to be fair. The 3 bowlers making up the 5th bowler conceeded 52 from 10 and took 1 wicket. No bowler who completed their 10 overs conceeded less than 41.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
Not just Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kaif and Dravid also faced them with ease, Yuvraj infact gave them a hammering:lol:

AS for Ganguly, he will come good at some stage, you never know he might strike form in the super six stage!!
Ganguly...he might. I see no proof that he will. He's scored about 200 runs in this WC, and more than half of them came in one innings against Nambia.

The only great innings in the Indian innings was from Tendulkar. Yuvraj, Kaif and Dravid came no where near.

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
Ganguly...he might.

The only great innings in the Indian innings was from Tendulkar. Yuvraj, Kaif and Dravid came no where near.
When did i ever compared them???
Yuvraj,Kaif and Dravid did handed Pak attack with ease and gave them some big blow:D

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
And most of the Indian attack to be fair. The 3 bowlers making up the 5th bowler conceeded 52 from 10 and took 1 wicket. No bowler who completed their 10 overs conceeded less than 41.
In a match dominated by Batsmen, figures of 41 and 52 looks marvellous, especially when you compare it with that of pakistani pacers like 1- 72 of ten overs:O

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
When did i ever compared them???
Yuvraj,Kaif and Dravid did handed Pak attack with ease and gave them some big blow:D
They didn't need to attack, Tendulkar had settled the game for them basically. You compared them when you called them the "great Indian batsmen." In my opinion there is only one, the little master.

Choora

State Regular
BTW, what happened to Akhter today? he got the treatment he deserved today, his line and lengtyh was awful, i think Pakistan should just dump him and pick some other better pacer

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
That was quite a good performance Rik especially on that track. It was very flat. Only bowler who suffered was Nehra.

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
They didn't need to attack, Tendulkar had settled the game for them basically. You compared them when you called them the "great Indian batsmen." In my opinion there is only one, the little master.
Still they did continued to attack, especially Yuvraj!!

In my opinion, Dravid is for sure another great batsmen, may not be as great as Sachin but Dravid is all class!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
In my opinion, Dravid is for sure another great batsmen, may not be as great as Sachin but Dravid is all class!!
Classy yes, but he is not a great. The great have that "something" about them, like Richards, Lara and Tendulkar.

Choora

State Regular
In my opinion he has something which makes hima great batsman too.in many series , especially away ones, its Dravid who steals the limelight and not Sachin.

Richards was a great batsman and so were Hynes and Richardson.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I've not seen that special "something."

Well done to India for winning, but don't go over the top please. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Choora said:
England would be greatfull to India, now all England got to do is beat Australia and then they can reach the Super six stage too. See how good things turn out when English fans are also rooting for India:lol:
Er, technically, no. If Zimbabwe beat Pakistan, Zimbabwe qualify no matter what.

Choora

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Er, technically, no. If Zimbabwe beat Pakistan, Zimbabwe qualify no matter what.
There is a BIG IF with it. Pakistan is a better team and have a better recent record against Zimb. Had Pakistan beaten India today, they would surely had qualified for Super six by beating Zimbabwe later on.

And i thought England have a better NRR than Zimbabwe, if England beat Aus, and Zimbabwe beats Pak, then isn't the third team going to be decided on the basis of NRR ??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
There is a BIG IF with it. Pakistan is a better team and have a better recent record against Zimb. Had Pakistan beaten India today, they would surely had qualified for Super six by beating Zimbabwe later on.

And i thought England have a better NRR than Zimbabwe, if England beat Aus, and Zimbabwe beats Pak, then isn't the third team going to be decided on the basis of NRR ??
Zimbabwe's net run-rate isn't that bad. It was increased by racking up 311 against Nambia.

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
Zimbabwe's net run-rate isn't that bad. It was increased by racking up 311 against Nambia.
Zimbabwe's NRR is around 0.5 while England's is around 1.0+. Now if Zimbababwe beats Pakistan does it means that they will go trough irrespective of the outcome of Aus-England match as Neil has claimed??
I think if England defeats Aus and Zimb beats Pak, its more than likely that England will go through as their NRR will be better than Zimbabwe

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
Zimbabwe's NRR is around 0.5 while England's is around 1.0+. Now if Zimbababwe beats Pakistan does it means that they will go trough irrespective of the outcome of Aus-England match as Neil has claimed??
I think if England defeats Aus and Zimb beats Pak, its more than likely that England will go through as their NRR will be better than Zimbabwe
That's better than I thought. Ok, bring it on Australia! :D

I'll be playing cricket and practising with my band all day so I will have to grab what I can from the radio then be back here at around 10ish!