• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Rascism / attacking Olonga

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Despite the fact Hondo is injured, he is playing today - because the only player who could possibly replace him is Olonga.

Eclipse

International Debutant
If Travis Friend is in the squad he should be playing in all games IMO he is a good player.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It's unsurprising but sad. Mugabe should learn that it is cowardly to just get rid of the players causing the problem, especially if they are 2 of the best players in the country. But then if he cared about Cricket...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He would be useful here, I mean Streak (what's up with him? Maybe still not recovered from his injury) and Blignaut are proving econmical but not very destructive and Olonga makes things happen. Also I'm guessing it is Hondo off the field as he hasn't been called on to bowl yet. I wouldn't mind seeing Grant Flower bowl, he is good at you miss I'll hit stuff. Blignaut is an exciting OD batsman...something's just not right about his bowling though. Accuracy...or just a lack of a certain "something" about his bowling in ODers (coming from the fact that he conceeded 1 run from his last over which Cricinfo said was basically dead straight)?

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AFAIK they must play 3 coloured players, but won't play Olonga, so have to play Hondo when injured.

Interesting how the players revolted at the possibility of not electing Flower, but not Olonga.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Flower is a major player, Olonga has just come back after a spell out of the international side. It's hard to understand their thinking anyway, both are players who can win them games...

Bazza

International 12th Man
Andy Flower is a truly great player. Genuinely world class. Olonga.... well on his day he can be a handful shall we say.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Interesting how the players revolted at the possibility of not electing Flower, but not Olonga.
That's understandable, Flower is effectively half the Zimbabwe team while Olonga is at best a useful player.

Kimbo

International Debutant
i sent henry olonga an email of support. he probably wont read it but i still wanted to.

hmm... how about...
the Henry Olonga Appreciation society

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sunil Havascar said:
i sent henry olonga an email of support. he probably wont read it but i still wanted to.

hmm... how about...
What address? I suggest we all offer him our support. The man is a hero of the highest order.

(if you don't wish to publish the address, please send it to me off-list)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunil Havascar said:

hmm... how about...
We can't...he's actually good :(

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yes, oh so good:

750.2 129 2620 68 38.52 5-70 2 0 66.2 3.49
339.1 13 1956 57 34.31 6-19 2 2 35.7 5.76

Test average of 38, ODI average 34, ordinary SR and poor economy.