• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA v Canada

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well a bit of a boring match. Thought Dippenaar did very well along with Smith. it was a farce he was left out of the original squad! Dont really see what the Canadian batsmen were doing though? I often give up hope and have a net session when we 40-8 or something, but the Canadians seemed to give up hope at 15-2.

Hopefully SA will peak for the all important Sri Lanka match!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought that it was a wonderful exhibition of all-round ineptitude in the field. When Maraj was put down early in his knock I thought 'hello, this could be worth watching'.

Perhaps the generally soporific Canadian batting just rubbed off on the Protean fielders.

For me, it was a 4-cups-of-coffee game (but it was worth it just for the column inches).

Mind you, it was a one-off and I certainly expect them to be sharper for the SL match.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Absolutely. Better get that insight potion perfected in the next few days....

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
hmm.. the team that batted second won 8 of 9 matches in NZ but I didnt see anyone making allowances for India 'cos of that.

WI is playing SL in Cape Town in a D/N match.

Anyone who's watching: do let us know how the conditions are affecting the situation. Brian Lara on 0 off a dozen balls doesnt look good..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Re: Re: SA v Canada

SA will be desperate to reach the SS, that I think would outweigh advantages under lights or whatever. I think they will beat SL.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
full_length said:
hmm.. the team that batted second won 8 of 9 matches in NZ but I didnt see anyone making allowances for India 'cos of that.
I thought it was 7 matches?

Besides that, there's not the same differential in conditions.