• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIA vs England !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
This one is going to be a cracker (hopefully) , a match which many of us have been looking forward to:D . India certainly have the edge over England and will be fav's for this match, also India have won the last two matches played between the 2 countries so India has the psychological advantage
:P .
The toss will be crucial for both teams, whoever wins the toss will want to bat first. Danger man for India will be Anderson, whome Indian haven't faced yet, England have finally come up with a good bowler in Anderson.If Tendulkar/Sehwag can see off the opening attack (Anderson/Caddick) than the task will be easy for India.

Hopefully India will win the match, a result that will be good for all of us!:saint:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not sure you could say India will be favourites considering their recent form against the better nations.
England have played some pretty tough cricket over the last 4 months so India will have to be at their very best.

krkode

State Captain
If India win, their position in the super six is almost guaranteed. If England win, same for them. Both cases, India will have to beat Pakistan for the other team to enter too. So if India win, they will have to beat Pakistan heavily, so as to allow England to get in, and if England win, India will still have to beat Pakistan to get enough points to qualify...So a heftily important match for both teams :O :D

Must sleep...8 hours must pass...must wake up...watch scores....must be pleasantly surprised :lol:

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tim said:
Im not sure you could say India will be favourites considering their recent form against the better nations.
England have played some pretty tough cricket over the last 4 months so India will have to be at their very best.

Whoever is going to win the match would be at its best.England played a tough TEST series in Australia(without much success) , and as for India's form, i think they started poorly but are peaking at the right moment.

India to win it, unless they play lowsy cricket!

krkode

State Captain
India to win it, unless they play lowsy cricket!
Let's hope their opponents play lousier if that happens :lol:

Either way, may the best team win.

I sleep now, when I wake up, half the match will be over...this will be a nightmare filled sleep:yawn:

Choora

State Regular
Well guys India's pride is at stake as far as this match is concerned, they gotta win this one. A victory over England would be really very very sweeeeet and we will relish that for a long time:) .

Also in order to reach Super Six, India got to win tomorrow's battle, i don't think India would like to take their last and a very crucial match against pakistan in a "MUST WIN" situation.Durban has great Indian support. Hopefully they will pull thru and get this one.

GOODLUCK INDIA!!

wahindiawah

Banned
Bad news for India, Nehra is out of the match with injury:( , he had been bowling with such pace and venom lately that he would have been more than handy in this match, hopefully he will play against Pakistan.
I guess Ajit will come in for Nehra, though India can also go in with two spinners.

I just hope Sehwag gets a big score tomorrow, English bowlers gets the best out of him, and he needs to get a big score soon to get back his confidence!

Hopefully India will play good cricket and wil win the match!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Noooooooooooooo. If AA plays, who do I support?

Oh, hang on, I'm covering the game for Cricket Web. I'm impartial.

Come on England.

(whispers) come on, AA

V Reddy

International Debutant
Read this Interview.He had a go at Sidhu:D . And also Rik ur most hated player is also backing ur that Vaughan will be one of the best.

Some commentators are immature: Ganguly
Tapan Joshi in Durban

February 26, 2003

Sourav Ganguly

Sourav Ganguly, the Indian captain, in an exclusive conversation with Tapan Joshi said if a road-side paan wallah abuses the team or his captaincy, he won't bother to pay any attention but when those who have played the game at a highest level attack the team mercilessly, he feels "very, very sad."

In this interview, Ganguly was reacting to some of the downright cheap comments made by some well-known commentators on air. A former India opening batsman, known more for his cliches than the amount of runs he scored, said, "Rahul Dravid has an allergy of leather. He just can't catch while keeping wickets." Ganguly was not amused.

The Indian skipper also talks about his rapid rise in international cricket and lists the five most difficult bowlers he has faced in his career and also his five most admired batsmen.

Q: Sourav, how do you handle criticism?

A: What kind of criticism are we talking about here! Are we talking about constructive criticism, or are we talking about downright insults and slander. If it is the former, I will gladly take it and so will my team mates, but the insults and sarcastic comments... they are too much to digest.

Q: In India, every one has an opinion. Even paan wallahs comment on how you shoud bat...

A: I can tell you, if a paan wallah makes absurd comments, I won't even look at him. But all this is coming from those who have played the game at the highest level and are now sitting in the commentators' boxes. The way they have gone about blasting this team smacks of immaturity.

Q: So, you do get hurt...

A: Of course we all do. Aren't we supposed to be human beings as well!

Q: Talking about you personally, yours has been a rapid rise in cricket after 1996. What are the factors that contributed to that?

A: More than any thing else, I would say I am mentally very tough. I can get knocked down, but I will get up and fight again. And if you are not mentally tough, don't play cricket, especially in India. We are just witnessing what is happening. You have to be very, very tough mentally to survive. I think I am tough.

Q: Can you list for our readers the five toughest bowlers you have faced and the five best batsmen in international cricket at the moment?

A: Oh, difficult one, but let me try. We'll start with the bowlers.

Wasim Akram: The greatest left-arm swing bowler of all time, perhaps. Can make life very miserable for a batsman if he is in his zone.

Glenn McGrath: His consistency is amazing. Very difficult to hit him.

Shane Warne: Champion spinner, a great bowler. Has a very big heart and that's his biggest plus.

Zaheer Khan: My India team mate has improved by leaps and bounds. He has a deadly yorker and with his new found consistency, he can be more than handy.

Shoaib Akhtar: The Pakistani's pace can run through many a batting line-up. He can knock stumps back with sheer speed.

And now the batsmen.

Sachin Tendulkar: My team mate will be in the list of everyone. Do I need to say anything about him!

Brian Lara: The left-hander is a destructive bat and on his day, he doesn't need anyone to win the match for his team. He will do it alone.

Steve Waugh: Much was made out of the so-called rivalry between me and Steve but I respect him enormously. One of the all-time greats.

Michael Vaughan: He never ceases to impress me. The way he is batting, he will become the number one batsman in the world very soon.

Matthew Hayden: Amazingly consistent. Powerful hitter of the ball, loves to dominate and goes for big hundreds.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this quote from a reporter sums it all up:

"India may have the better record between the two in recent matches but they have had some very poor performances and a crushing by Australia. Where as England have won every match since they have arrived in South Africa including the demolition of Pakistan. India may feel their batsmen have recovered some form against Nambia while England's bowlers won them the match against Pakistan. Honours even then"

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
And also Rik ur most hated player is also backing ur that Vaughan will be one of the best.
I don't hate any players as I don't know them personally and to judge them from what little I have seen would be stupid. Let's just say he annoys me.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
How come he missed out Brett Lee off that list and put Zaheer? I know I don't rate Lee that highly but still he has a very fine record against India.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Commentators call the game as they see it, but I must agree that certain gentlemen do take things a little far on occasion.

I must say that this kind of thing is pretty mild compared to the sort of treatment meted out to players from members of the opposition, though.

Still, it makes for an interesting interview. You wouldn't find that kind of comment on this site, would you?

<quack> never.

I hope that its going to be a good match.

I dont know who will win its going to be very close. I hope that Tendulkar bats well though because I have him in my team in a Fantasy Cricket comp where im 4th Overall!!

Anyway just 1 over has been completed and India are batting. They are 6 for the loss of no wickets.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
26-0 after 7. Tendulkar looks to be in good form, Sehwag a little scratchy. As I type this, Sehwag hits his first boundary

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thank you Freddy - if ever a wicket was crucial at that stage - now we need to work at an end...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting to note that, at the wicket, we now have the two most successful centurians in ODI history.

Jug-ears was totally taken apart in his last two overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.