• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIA vs England !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Saurav's brought himself on. I would have thought it will be a good idea to test the batsmen against Bhajji around this time and have Saurav and the rest bowl after 20 or so overs are up with few runs on the board.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
It's really falling apart now for England as Vaughan goes.
Nehra gets his third.

England 62/4 and a real danger of folding up under 150.

Harbhajan is yet to bowl a ball.

Flintoff has his chance.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ashish Nehra has bowled absolutely superbly. India are doing to England exactly what we did to Pakistan.

I hate day-nighters.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
According to Wisden, England have won only 1 of 12 matches chasing (not only under lights) against teams other than the minnows and Zimbabwe after that Karachi match.

Also they say:
England under lights since 2001
Mar 2001, 2nd ODI v Sri Lanka, Colombo (Premadasa), lost by 66 runs
Jun 2001, NatWest Series v Pakistan, Edgbaston, lost by 108 runs
Jun 2001, NatWest Series v Australia, Old Trafford, lost by 125 runs
Jan 2002, 1st ODI v India, Calcutta, lost by 22 runs
Feb 2002, 2nd ODI v New Zealand, Wellington, lost by 155 runs
Dec 2002, VB Series v Australia, lost by 89 runs
Jan 2003, VB Series v Sri Lanka, lost by 31 runs
Jan 2003, VB Series v Australia, lost by 5 runs

Check on the first part though. I dont know if I interpreted it correctly.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I fully understand that England don't play well when the sun goes down, but having to do a match report on a day-nighter is cutting down on my valuable drinking time:D

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Was just going to say that Collingwood and Flintoff have a chance of doing a Natwest against India.. but Nehra strikes as I hit 'reply'!!

93/6

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Flintoff is the only man standing between England and defeat. The req rate is something like 6.6 and as a very aggressive batsman, he is the best bet for England to get to that total. They can still make a run for it if Flintoff really crackles and White and/or Irani provide the support. Harb is proving to be ineffective and expensive. Wonder what the other support bowlers can do? What about giving Yuvraj a bowl? He is capable of doing a tidy job.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Harb 3 overs for 24! Take him off now!!! Please!!! Bring him back after (hopefully) another wicket has fallen.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
One more over to go from Nehra. I'd be tempted when he's bowled out to bring back Zaheer straight away - maybe even Srinath and go for the throat.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
One more over to go from Nehra. I'd be tempted when he's bowled out to bring back Zaheer straight away - maybe even Srinath and go for the throat.
They should bring back Srinath right away and finish off his 10 overs. Even if he gets hit, it's better than getting hit at the death. He isn't that good at bowling the slog overs anyway. Some support bowler or Ganguly has to go into action replacing Harb.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wow!! Nehra snares White. That guy is having an unbelievable match, a dream spell. 107 for 7 in 30.2.

krkode

State Captain
Having been one of those who was unsupportive towards Nehra's selection this world cup, I'm absolutely amazed!:O

He's the reason for this performance! Definitely a star performance!:cool2: :wow:

And along with Obuya's bowling performance, it's easily one of the most match turning bowling spells of the world cup so far.

nehrafan

Banned
Congratulations to all the Indian cricket team fans!!!!

I have always been a fan of Nehra and today he has proved what a class bowler he is:) .Zaheer and Nehra are the best left arm duo in the game these days.

England were no match to Indians, the result of the match was never in doubt but the way Indians tamed the English team is simply amazing!!!

nehrafan

Banned
krkode said:
This pretty much means we're into the super six! 8D
And they way we are playing we will beat Pakistan and go into SS with enough points to make it to the semis (as India has lost just 4 points to Aus).

Status
Not open for further replies.