• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIA vs England !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Flintoff seems to be bowling well and that wicket of Tendulkar was huge. Here are some posts elsewhere from yet another respectful Indian supporter:

What is the reason for the England Hype. What makes anyone think they are capable of making even 225?

Pitches on SA have been actually helping spin and your best player of that is Trescothic who is whoefully out of form.

Vaughn is injured and can go either way.
Hussain.. well could probably score 10 and hit a hug one ...caught at Silly point!!! (it will go so high in the ait but not more than 5 feet in distance)

Who are you depending on? Collingwood again?

I thought Indian fans were excitable. The British are beating them hands down in that department!

And they have forgotten they have not played the Aussies yet. there is -2.0 in your run rate!
Ok I think people have been gushing over Anderson too much. I think a performance against Pakistan (or for that matter India) does not tell u anything about a cricketer.

Wasnt there a bet going about India finishing better than England a little while ago?

I think even this struggling Indian team will beat the crap out of the Poms. I am surprised that they have done this well so far. Trescothic and Vaughn are the only real bats you have and Tres is out of form! Vaughn is injured. Hussain has no ability to bat! none whatsoever. I have no idea who made him the captain of England. What has he done to deserve his spot?

I think the other good quality guy you have is Flintoff but havent seen him bowl too well lately. Irani in my view showed some promise but I think he is out of favor.
Bazza, Stats stats and damn lies!

Knight is a guy who gives too many chances to be successful. He is susceptible to spin and specially if India bowl second you will see Bhajji come on in like the 7th over or so and then it will be Good Bye Good Knight!

Stewart, a class keeper and bat but too OLD. Cant carry the team on his own.

Hussain has a lot of good characteristics as a leader and all that. He maybe 100 times better captain than Ganguly but that does not make him a good batsman. Specially in ODIs. Like Dravid will never win India an ODI, neither will Hussain do anything for you. Hussain plays too many poor strokes and struggles against economical bowling. I remember him scoring his first 100 against India and that was the most UNCONVINCING inning I have ever seen. You cant get lucky that many times.

Your bowling is alright. Caddick is good, but this is odis mate. Bowlers dont matter that much. And one good bowler does not make a team.

Anderson is too untried. Has he had a Sehwag and Tendulkar try to really go after him?

White and Flintoof can have good days but mostly u cant count on them to win you matches. You guys are much weaker due to the absence of Gough and Thorpe.

Be glad you saved yourself some embarassment and not play Zimbabwe!
And when asked to rank teams for ODIs:

England higher than India... based on what? 2 wins against Namibia and Holland and a win against a Pakistan side which is more tempramental than George W ?

You gotta be kidding me.

I would go more for

Aus
NZ
SA
Ind
SL
WI
Pak
Eng
Zim
Kenya
Canada
Holland
Namibia
Bangladesh

Zim vs Eng would be close!

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
When you quote 'em put names in front :rolleyes:

You've got lots of time on your hands.. wanna post all of Marc's Rik's and a bunch of others' posts here?

How about you repeat the favour (only for the Indians) when the worst bowling side (a club side) in the world gets a shot at the Englishmen.

Bazza

International 12th Man
These were from another forum I visit, my point being arrogant, ****y India supporters are everywhere and not limited to cricketweb.

On yet another forum someone said India WILL beat England, not that they might, that that they were favourites, not that he thought that was the most likely outcome, but they WILL beat England.

Everyone thought Sri Lanka WOULD beat Kenya, but it didn't happen, and I think that was quite a big upset. England beating India wouldn't necessarily be.

107-3.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bazza said:
These were from another forum I visit, my point being arrogant, ****y India supporters are everywhere and not limited to cricketweb.

On yet another forum someone said India WILL beat England, not that they might, that that they were favourites, not that he thought that was the most likely outcome, but they WILL beat England.

Everyone thought Sri Lanka WOULD beat Kenya, but it didn't happen, and I think that was quite a big upset. England beating India wouldn't necessarily be.

107-3.
I suggest, Bazza, that you leave these 'other forums' and stick to the best - this one.

Furthermore, I believe that people are entitled to their opinion - yes, even if I disagree - and the line between confidence and ****iness is a blurred one. Perhaps they are just extremely confident.

There's times I have maintained that Andrew Flintoff isn't all he's cracked up to be (I think I've called him 'rubbish' on more than one occasion) but today, he's been brilliant.

Last edited:

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Now this is getting very irritating

What's the point in posting that here? If you have a problem with them, go fight them. What do you hope to prove by posting all that in here, and saying this:

"arrogant and ****y Indian supporters are everywhere and not limited to cricketweb."

And you are proving that so are fools, by picking up posts in some other forum, without crediting the place or the poster and trying to make a point by posting them here.

"On yet another forum someone said India WILL beat England, not that they might, that that they were favourites, not that he thought that was the most likely outcome, but they WILL beat England."

First, go take issue with them. Second try not to be so stupid as to generalise based on what one individual said. Third, what does it mean when I say "India will win". It means "I think India will win". In most occasions, people express opinions in discussion groups.

Neither arrogance nor stupidity is any single country's monopoly.

Most people here want to discuss cricket. How about you try to do that for a change?

Bazza

International 12th Man
Hey that's what I've been doing for several months now.

I brought these in to show other members who maybe only visit this forum that the general consensus seems to be that India are 100% favourites to win today, which suits me fine, because if we lose hey it was expected, if we win, it is the upset of the tournament, maybe the biggest in history, or so many would have us believe.

Believe me I have taken issue with these individuals, and what was said was "India will win". Believe me 'I think India will win' was not meant and as such was not said.

Bazza

International 12th Man
India 131-3 after 30. With wickets in hand they should be looking to double that, but hopefully England can peg them back. Mongia is having all sorts of problems out there and Dravid hasn't got going yet either so some tight bowling wouldn't goamiss here from England.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Before today, in matches between India and England, India lead 23-22. Teams batting first at Durban have no advantage - that score is 9-9.

I think the smart money is on 'too close to call'. What you are detecting is 'wishful thinking' rather than balanced judgement, but hey, if anyone asked me 'do you think England will win' I would say yes, because naturally I WANT them to win.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Bazza

Yet again, what is the point of posting that here?

"Believe me I have taken issue with these individuals, and what was said was "India will win". Believe me 'I think India will win' was not meant and as such was not said."

Broncoman said Zimbabwe will win when they played India. I just had a dig at that. How is this any different? Broncoman was expressing his/her opinion there. I think that opinion is poorly formed, and you think the same about this chap. This is nothing new and it happens all round the place. I guess Rik/Marc/Broncoman/henoschen/..... saying all that stuff doesnt make English/Australian/Kiwi supporters arrogant now does it :rolleyes: I have visited several cricket sites. Many many Aussies believe that their second elevens can beat any rest of the world eleven. Their first eleven can't beat India or Lanka away! What are they? In one of the posts you copied above, the guy atleast says that Flintoff and White will have their days but cant win matches on their own. Many English, Aussie, Kiwi supporters figure that apart from Sachin nobody in India can win a match for India. So according ot your logic, everyone in the world is arrogant.
The two Englishmen are having their day. If they win this match, go wave it at his/her face. What's the relevance of posting it here?

You may have seen what people have been writing on this site. You're probably quite happy with people saying India is the worst team in the world along with Zimbabwe, Ganguly is crap, etc etc.

Must say that
1) surely some of your friends on this site are happy with what you say about the arrogance of 'Indian supporters', but I express my complete resentment at that.

2) You have absolutely no high ground to take given your stereotyping us, with the biased view you take and the very purposeless stupidity of posting posts (not even links/names) over here. So dont assume you have any.

3) I finish my participation here on this issue.. I will say that I am sick of the sanctimonious over here who keep lecturing on how exactly cricket fans should behave. So many posts in the past few days (and perhaps earlier) that I'v been around have centered on the crazy Indian fans. I simply dont understand why you dont/cant take jaspalsinghrana or the others who make it their job to flame England to task personally and stop this idiocy. It makes more sense to me to do that.

I will remind you that our enthusiasm does run this game today how much ever you may resent that.

Mods: I am curious about what happens now. There were a couple of occasions when copying articles from websites drew some flak (Neil?). How about copying posts? Whoever said that doesnt have a chance to comment here does he?

Last edited:

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Mongia has proved to be a disappointment so far.

Unless they screw up, India should post upwards of 250 on the board. I'm hoping for 270.

I'll wait to see the club bowlers run in.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My four pennyworth regarding what's happened in this thread in the last couple of hours.

1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
2. Don't tar everyone of a particular nationality with the same brush - that's what people can describe as racist
3. Let's get back to having opinions about cricket - and not opinions about opinions about cricket.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Re: Bazza

full_length said:
Whoever said that doesnt have a chance to comment here does he?
Well that is why I did not post the guys name or where it came from or anything like that.

Bazza

International 12th Man
OK Eddie makes a good point there with number 3.

I have actually been asleep for the last hour I am so tired and ill, which has probably put me in a grumpy mood, which I have been ever since I saw said posts on other said forum this morning.

Lets leave the arguments there and get back to the cricket. England have just got a vital breakthrough in their efforts to keep the Indian total down to a chaseable one.

If it is Yuvraj that's excellent news, personally I would almost prefer Dravid to stay out there, he doesn't suit the slog overs. Anyway 217-5 in the 46th.

Personally I am hoping for 240ish.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Well it is Dravid who has done well in the slog overs. I want England to lose this and win against Australia:D

Sudeep

International Captain
250-9. Four wickets in the last over. Could be the difference.

But think its very gettable. A lot will depend on Trescothick, Vaughan and Knight. But I feel it would be Hussain's day.

Personally, I hope England wins, and then India go on to beat Pakistan; and thus Aussies, England and India in Super 6.

Sudeep

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, time to clear a few things up.

There is no need to quote other peoples' posts on other forums with the sole objective of gluing an anonymous head to the top of a parapet, and aiming a rocket laucher at it from six yards.

It doesn't gain anything - we know that people say things which others claim to be palpably untrue, either because (either side) is bigoted or just playing the devil's advocate - some people believe these, others don't. It's a basic human right to be able to express your opinion as long as it does not impinge on the human rights of others.

A rash of copied posts from somewhere else does nothing but generate a flame-war. Unless we can get back on topic, quickly, I'm going to close this thread.

Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dravid all batted very well, but Flintoff's bowling topped the lot for me. 250-9 is makeable, but Zaheer's just bowled an absolute jaffa first ball.

Good luck England.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that Knight had a total brain storm.

It's going to be difficult as it is without senseless runouts

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
I'd have thought that continuing with Srinath was a good idea esp since he doesnt bowl well in the death. But his seventh went for a few.

England slowly clawing their way back into the game at 45/2.

Harbhajan is probably going to be introduced now with Nehra.

Status
Not open for further replies.