• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzi

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
He's deflated alright. But the batting part is just horrible, 10 runs in 4 innings is appaling considering his stature and that he's considered the corner stone of the batting lineup. He is one of the players in the team who negotiate pace and bounce much better then the others. I have seen him do good in Australia before. This time around in South Africa he's simply gone down and out. No impression at all.

I think that he's low on confidence, a move up to the order would do him good, atleast to the one down spot, lowering down will only deprive Inzi of getting his form back. That is crucial to Pakistani hopes in this World cup now, If Inzi does not perform then I doubt anyone else will, Youhanna will need support in the middle order, Anwar is out of it as far as I am concerned.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its all a confidence thing, when you are in form like this one good score and his tournament could be turned around.

Langeveldt

Soutie
yes but he is an absolute class act, so he would always be my choice for a Pakistan batting spot. He will come good soon don't worry!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gotchya said:
He's deflated alright.
Picture that.... :O

But seriously, he seems in terrible straits at the minute, a duck against Holland of all teams, from a guy who won a WC semi-final with 60+ off 39 balls...

Get him a practice match against some useless U11s, just to let him remember what hitting a ball feels like. You're going to need him in the Inzi-Zone against India.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Listening to the Pakistani Manager on Sunday, he doesn't like batting at 3 - maybe pushing him to 6 may be the option - less pressure to play the big knock...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He is easily the best batsman in the Pak team on talent and experience. IMO, he should bat at no:3 and take the responsibility of anchoring the innings. Pak batting has been shaky so far and an in-form Inzi will go a long way to reviving it.

Bazza

International 12th Man
He has been very poor, as has Anwar, who looked all over the show against England yet somehow scratched around for a while and would have top scored if not for Shoaib. Who incidentally I noticed was promoted to number 8 was it today? Or 9 at least.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Re: Re: Inzi

Neil Pickup said:
Picture that.... :O

But seriously, he seems in terrible straits at the minute, a duck against Holland of all teams, from a guy who won a WC semi-final with 60+ off 39 balls...

Get him a practice match against some useless U11s, just to let him remember what hitting a ball feels like. You're going to need him in the Inzi-Zone against India.
He's visibly slimmer :P and didn't you see him back in 92 ? no imagination needed.

They were depriving him of batting it out in the nets, reason : Imran used the same strategy during his campaign, just to keep the batsmen hungry for runs. It doesn't seem to work. Pakistan's slump has coincided with Inzi's slump. Last four months have seen an unusual decline in his form.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Re: Re: Inzi

Gotchya said:
He's visibly slimmer :P and didn't you see him back in 92 ? no imagination needed.

They were depriving him of batting it out in the nets, reason : Imran used the same strategy during his campaign, just to keep the batsmen hungry for runs. It doesn't seem to work. Pakistan's slump has coincided with Inzi's slump. Last four months have seen an unusual decline in his form.
Certainly slimmer. I know the duck still persists on taking the mickey, but then again DD takes the mickey out of everyone.

I feel sure that Inzy will come good at some time in this campaign, but time's fast running out. If he doesn't get a decent knock in the group, there may well be no Super-Six chance - and that would be a shame.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Inzi

luckyeddie said:
I feel sure that Inzy will come good at some time in this campaign, but time's fast running out. If he doesn't get a decent knock in the group, there may well be no Super-Six chance - and that would be a shame.

Better be sooner then never

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Inzi

Gotchya said:
Haven't seen hardly any cricket this winter (no sky...) and in 92 I was six.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I won a phone in competition about 8 years ago - first prize was 2 tickets to the first day of the Edgbaston Windies Test or a video of the 92 Semi's and Final highlights.

My school decided I could only have the video :!(

Still, it does have that knock on there.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I won a phone in competition about 8 years ago - first prize video of the 92 Semi's and Final highlights.
My school decided I could only have the video :!(
I wouldn't count the 99 semi final and final as a 'prize' :rolleyes: