• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hauritz in

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
also good to see that they didn't pick Macgill - hes expensive and i dont like his personallity (and im not the only one)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think MacGill's a talented spinner but he's got a chip on his block aswell and I can see why there are rumours around that he doesn't get along very well with some of the Australian players.

krkode

State Captain
Tim said:
Yeah I think MacGill's a talented spinner but he's got a chip on his block aswell and I can see why there are rumours around that he doesn't get along very well with some of the Australian players.
In what way does he not get along with the other players? Sorry, but I never heard of this (due to my isolation from the cricket world) so is there somewhere where I can read about this, because I give my respect to a very few select individuals and the list grows smaller everday...:P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
also good to see that they didn't pick Macgill - hes expensive and i dont like his personallity (and im not the only one)
Who honestly gives a damn weather people like his personality or not? Surely it matters if the person is good enough. Hauritz may be a good choice because he's a finger spinner and the team already had a wrist spinner in Hogg, but to say your glad he's not picked because you don't like him is just...well...immature at best.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rik said:
Who honestly gives a damn weather people like his personality or not? Surely it matters if the person is good enough. Hauritz may be a good choice because he's a finger spinner and the team already had a wrist spinner in Hogg, but to say your glad he's not picked because you don't like him is just...well...immature at best.
If he doesn't fit in with the rest of the team, then he (and the rest of the team) won't play to their full potential.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
If he doesn't fit in with the rest of the team, then he (and the rest of the team) won't play to their full potential.
I didn't see his inclusion in the Test Team against England winding anyone up :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
It's a team game, more so than Test Cricket, and there's no "i" in team.
Cricket is a game in which talent is paramount. You need your strongest side with your best players. It shouldn't matter if they are your best mates or not. Would you pick someone just because you like them more, even if they are not as good?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
It depends. If that player would threaten the whole Team dynamic than yes.
Admittedly MacGill didn't do well against England but I didn't hear a peep from anyone about him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
So you've never heard of the rift between Shane Warne & Stuart MacGill?..well It wouldn't have mattered anyway because Warne wouldn't have been there.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
macgill is also always a chance of getting suspended, he usually gets suspended 1 or 2 times per year by NSW

also, macgill has had a crap year getting hit all around all the aussie grounds whereas Hauritz has had another solid year

Andre

International Regular
age_master said:
macgill is also always a chance of getting suspended, he usually gets suspended 1 or 2 times per year by NSW
Now there is a rash statement if ever I have seen one - he's only been suspended once, twice at the most throughout his career.

Rumour has it Warnie and MacGill are now firm friends following Shane's discovery of wine and it's 'buffing' status.

And as for the rest of the team not getting on with MacGill, it's bull. The only people who don't like him are the umpires and the managaement for his conduct.

It all just shows that he is a very hard working cricketer with a temper. It's human nature to have a temper isnt it?