• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin and Ganguly dominate Namibia

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bazza said:
I didn't say that. I just said scoring a century against Namibia is not the same as scoring one against Australia as krkode implied with his comment "a century is a century".
For an out-of-form batsman(the NZ tour and the 1st 2 matches of the WC), who's had calls for his head by former cricketers and had effigies of himself burnt by violent fans and under huge pressure right in the glare of the media, this century might even be even more valuable than that. That said, unless he goes on to regain his form and does something significant in the coming crunch matches, this 100 will pale into insignificance. Let's wait and see.....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
anilramavarma said:
Whe they are all he has, what option does he have but to trust them?
He has others in the squad, but prefers an extra batsman for some reason.

For me that will be his downfall as today did show it's possible for one of his front line bowlers to go down, and then you need 20 overs from part-timers - that is too many!

krkode

State Captain
Well, also looking at stats, Ganguly has been one of India's most successful captains. Second most, to be precise, with one test victory less than Azharuddin who has captained quite a few matches more than Ganguly.

And Anil, I didn't read that on the internet. I think I read it in a cricket magazine that I used to buy while I was in India. Forgot its name though...sorry...:yawn:

And bazza, as I said, I do realize that Aus is a much harder team to make a century against, but given Ganguly's recent form, a century against anybody should be a big step up for him.

And I also kind of agree that Ganguly gets a lot of gunk due to his so called "rich man's attitude"