• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim and England

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wasim Akram has taken nearly 2X more wickets than the entire England lineup put together.

Why do England play so little One Day Cricket? No wonder they are not very good...

krkode

State Captain
Yeah, I was noticing that too, the other day...

The English player with the highest ODIs is Alec Stewart with 160 odd games, and he's the only player with 100+ games :O

I'm sure there are 3-4 Indians and Pakistanis put together who woulc have more experience than the whole English squad...

And to speak of that, India and Pakistan play a LOT of ODI cricket and they play little test cricket - In my lifetime, I've never heard of India playing a 5 match test series...

krkode

State Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
India played 5 Tests in the West Indies just last year. Weren't you alive then?
oh, I was in the USA and completely cut off from the cricket world :D

I'm still here and I'm trying my best to keep up with you all :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Knight will join the 100 club in the game against Australia. :)

Back to the topic, poor old Wasim! He got one quick wicket to move him up to 499 then didn't get another as Collingwood played a fine innings tailored almost exactly to England's needs, as he seems to come up with most matches since he was dropped in Australia. If you want an example of someone working hard to make the most of his talent then it is Collingwood. A bad example is Flintoff...AGAIN he threw it away when set :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh well, a comprehensive victory to England with some fun near the end. Though we will probably still be told that we are crap. :rolleyes: :yawn:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Wasim Akram has taken nearly 2X more wickets than the entire England lineup put together.

Why do England play so little One Day Cricket? No wonder they are not very good...
That's known as 'foot in mouth disease'

PY

International Coach
:lol: that's gotta rank alongside the Nicky De Groot's good comment really hasn't it

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
:lol: that's gotta rank alongside the Nicky De Groot's good comment really hasn't it
Nothing ranks alongside that, except maybe the AA is proving his critics wrong and finally showing himself to be a great all-rounder.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem for Flintoff is that he has no defence. Infact he's a bit like Cairns was when he first debuted back in 1989.

If Flintoff feels like punishing the ball then look out because he'll probably be unstoppable but it took Cairns a few years to learn defence so it maybe the same with Flintoff.

Bazza

International 12th Man
In my opinion Flintoff does have a solid defensive technique. When he chooses to use it. His biggest weakness for mine is spin. Bear in mind I didn't see him bat today...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
The commentator pointed out that the Pakistani team put together ha more then 2000 Odi appearances, the English had just about 600. Doesn't count to anything at the end of the day though ? :duh: