• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs Pakistan 22/02/2003

PY

International Coach
England's most important game so far in this World Cup, I think (possibly with a bit of bias) that England will scrape this one. Our batsmen are due a big total and I think they'll deliver even though the old warhorse Wasim Akram's on the rampage. Any other views quickly before it starts?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
England team:
ME Trescothick, NV Knight, MP Vaughan, *N Hussain, +AJ Stewart,
PD Collingwood, A Flintoff, C White, AF Giles, AR Caddick,
JM Anderson.

Pakistan team:
Saeed Anwar, Shahid Afridi, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana,
Younis Khan, Abdur Razzaq, +Rashid Latif, Wasim Akram,
*Waqar Younis, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shoaib Akhtar.

England off the mark 1st ball.

Wasim has just bowled a wide.

England 3-0 off the 1st over

V Reddy

International Debutant
Shoiab just crossed 100 miles per hour. He was clocked 100.2 mph. I don't know whether its true but it just appeared near the scorecard on TV. And just as i say Vaughan is out off a no-ball. C'mon England:D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And Knight spoons Waqar's off-cutter to mid off.

45/2, very finely poised. As long as Vaughan stays there then we're in with a chance. 250 and I can see the Pakistans capitulating (hope).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
History is seldom kind.

The side batting second here has only won 4 out of 18 matches.

Vaughan looks in good touch, but oh dear oh dear. What was Knight playing at? That waft to mid-off looked premeditated to me.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnueddy, who was that in your previous avatar?

Vaughan's canning them round. Although I doubt he will ever get 100 at least he can get some quick runs at number 3, unlike Hussain did...

PY

International Coach
:( bit of slash outside off-stump by Nasser and caught behind, good diving catch by Latif. Looking on dodgy ground now, key partnership coming up

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
vishnueddy, who was that in your previous avatar?
It was Maria Kirilenko , US Open Junior Tennis Champion. She played here in Hyderabad when the WTA Indian Open was held.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
It was Maria Kirilenko , US Open Junior Tennis Champion. She played here in Hyderabad when the WTA Indian Open was held.
It looked like a little girl sitting at a table so I got a bit confused :lol:

PY

International Coach
Annoyingly Freddie managed to get in but not push on and do the damage that his talent deserves. Collingwood has done well again. Seems to be a consistent allrounder in the making :)
160/6 34.5 overs
Could go either way

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
Annoyingly Freddie managed to get in but not push on and do the damage that his talent deserves. Collingwood has done well again. Seems to be a consistent allrounder in the making :)
160/6 34.5 overs
Could go either way
Yes but if he's an all-rounder he needs to bowl...but who cares if he bats this well? Ever since he was dropped in Australia he's played to what the team needs.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
30 short of the target, 30 more than they looked like getting at one stage.

Pakistan 60-40, I reckon at this stage, but soooooooo much depends on them getting through a few overs unscathed.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think we're better off than it seems.

Cape Town's difficult to chase at in the best of times, and Pakistan's batting is definitely the weaker link.

Afridi is more than likely to commit suicide, but again the first 10-15 hold the key.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
30 short of the target, 30 more than they looked like getting at one stage.

Pakistan 60-40, I reckon at this stage, but soooooooo much depends on them getting through a few overs unscathed.
Unscathed...They've picked Afridi over Elahi, you know which one you would rather have at the moment...and Anwar...I'm not sure what he will do...he hasn't played enough lately to know what kind of form he is in, if it's poor form then he will get out early.