• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh in trouble AGAIN

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
69/6 after 24 overs, this is becoming a joke IMO.

But I don't think the ICC will take Bangladesh's test status away so they've got to do alot of improving, when Sri Lanka, NZ etc joined the ICC they lost alot of games but were still very competitive.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh Bangladesh are not good enough. I feel sorry for Khaled Masud

Who needs bowlers when you have got Herschelle Gibbs? :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tim said:
69/6 after 24 overs, this is becoming a joke IMO.

But I don't think the ICC will take Bangladesh's test status away so they've got to do alot of improving, when Sri Lanka, NZ etc joined the ICC they lost alot of games but were still very competitive.
Taking Test Status away would only worsen them further.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Bangladesh in trouble AGAIN

Neil Pickup said:
Taking Test Status away would only worsen them further.
The only way to make them better is to teach them to play ping pong..

krkode

State Captain
Well, you can't expect them to beat a team of south africa's calibre :D

I thought it was a mistake to give them test status, Kenya probably deserve it better...

It'll be a LONG time till they start winning or even putting up a fight - seemingly this team can't do it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Bangladeshis Test status should not be revoked. It may not be deserved but the fact is that it has been granted. The ICC made a conscious decision and they have to stamp their authority by sticking with it.

Kapali looks a talent...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem is that they might not get any better for another 10 years, maybe longer. Or the constant hammering over that time will put everyone off playing cricket there. It will work it's self out.

krkode

State Captain
We may see some averages getting better and some records being broken in the near future...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
------------------------------------------------------------

The International Cricket Council on Saturday said that it was a 'flawed decision' to give Test status to Bangladesh.

"I think may be a stricter approach should have been taken with Bangladesh," said ICC president Malcolm Gray after Bangladesh suffered a ten-wicket drubbing from South Africa in a World Cup match in Bloemfontein.

"I saw them play in Durban [where they lost against Canada] and yes, their performances have been disappointing and obviously that brings into question their long-term viability."

Bangladesh, who were elevated in 2000, have lost 15 out of their 16 Test matches with one game ending in draw due to rain. They have also lost most of their one-day matches.

Though Gray said there was no possibility now to strip the Asian nation of the Test status, he added that the situation could be assessed in another couple of years.

"At the moment there are no plans to do that but I suppose in the next two years the situation could be reassessed," an Australian Web site quoted him as saying.

Bangladesh's poor showing is having its effect on minnows like Kenya, whose application for Test status has been with the ICC for the last two years.

Gray said the decision to elevate Kenya is likely to be deferred for another five years.

The ICC president, however, hoped that Bangladesh could emerge as a strong side with support from other Test playing nations.

"These things take time and with 130 million passionate people there, with time I'm sure they'll get their act together," he said.

----------------------------------------------------

Well now the ICC are admitting they made a mistake. That man Dalmiya has some explaining to do with all the trouble he likes to stir.

Bazza

International 12th Man
OMG!

What are they doing? I knew the ICC were useless, but surely even though everyone has been questioning the whole Bangladesh thing, they have been for the last three years and the worst thing anyone could possibly do now is to say something like that? :rolleyes: :(

krkode

State Captain
Bazza said:
OMG!

What are they doing? I knew the ICC were useless, but surely even though everyone has been questioning the whole Bangladesh thing, they have been for the last three years and the worst thing anyone could possibly do now is to say something like that? :rolleyes: :(
I'll second that.

That must hurt like a sting in the eye to the Bangladeshis...

Imagine coming from one of the top, "hmm, i think we shouldn't have given them this status"...

sheesh

Well Bangladesh better prove somebody wrong pretty soon :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I lost all faith in the ICC about a month ago so I won't be one to defend them in this situation. As I stated before, they made the decision...they should stick with it. If no one else supports Bangladesh, they should - at the very least.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't remember the last time I had faith in the ICC, but it's clear to anyone with two working eyes and a brain that the decision to give them test status was erroneous.

Hopefully the ICC can take remedial action (don't ask me how, get the government out the cricket board for one) and get it sorted. I have to say, it's better than burying their heads in the sand and pretending that everything's fine...