• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India against Zimbabwe

Who will win?

• India

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Should be a good match.

Its about to start. I really dont know who will win because Zimbabwe have only played 1 match really and India play good sometimes and bad others. I just hope its a good one.

I dont really mind who wins.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
zimbabwe will win, id say the winner of this game will end up going through.

Cloete

International Captain
well i hope zimbabwe do. i also hope flower has a good game. either way should be good. india have got off to a flyer though.

Simon

1/108, tendulkar smashing them to all parts, could be a long 50 overs in the field for zimbabwe

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
just checked the international weather forecast - 70% likelihood of a thunderstorm later in the day.

After there flying start they have now lost 4 more wickets. The score now is 5/189 after 39 overs. Tendulkar went out for about 90. Umm.. another collapse by the Indians. I think they shoud be trying yo get to 250. It will be interesting to see how they bowl against a pretty good Zimbabwe line up.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Zimbabwe, India looked odds on to get 290-300 but some terriffic fielding & bowling has restricted India to 255.

It looks as though the pitch will still be good to bat on so Zimbabwe have a chance especially with Andy Flowers good record against India.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Another poor batting effort by india apart from Tendulkar.

Zimbabwe will get these runs if they make a good start.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Anybody seeing this match.Nehra is bowling at 147.5 kmph constantly:wow: . Very very good bowling by the fast bowlers. Andy was lucky he was out and not given caught by dravid of sri and Harbhajan dropped andy of sri and he would have been run out 3 times.

krkode

State Captain
I think leaving out Olonga for a match against India was a mistake:yawn: He always does the right thing vs India :D

Legglancer

State Regular
Good recovery by India after their aussie encounter ! Still the middle order looks brittle. Maybe Ganguly coming down the order untill he gets his confidence back is a good idea. Special mention has to be made of the Indian pacers for their nagging line and length which contributed to Zimbabwe's downfall

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, the selectors sprung a surprise to me by dropping Kumble, but retaining Harbajan - haven't they seen the CWFWC points?

Simon

disapointing for zimbabwe to lose that game, they had a real chance of nearlly guaranteeing their spot in the super 6 stage with a win, they will probably stuggle against Pakistan and Australia, but a big upset in either game and they are back in it.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well India bowled well for me, especially Srinath as you can imagine. Zimbabwe were poor, many batsmen getting out to careless shots. They were never at the races and now even more than before it hurts that England have lost out on the chanc eto play them.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It was a convincing victory for India. Zimbabwe were never in with a chance after the match started. Before the match, they would have fancied their chances looking at India's performance in their 2 previous matches.

krkode

State Captain
QuickFire said:
May be it will help if Aussies refuse to play in Zimbabwe.
If that happens, Zim just might be able to get through...but it'll be very sadly unfair if that does happen... :(