• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Batting Order

V Reddy

International Debutant
My batting order would be

Sehwag
Mongia/Bangar
Dravid
Sachin
Sourav
Youvraj
Kaif/Bangar/Agarkar
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Srinath
Kumble.

I am angry with the team management here. They said they opened with Sachin b'coz he wanted to open. But do you look at the interest's of the team or sachin's :!( . What do you guys think ?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin down the order again? What on earth? He's the only player to show some form! Scores of 52 and 36 show that he should stay there. Ganguly's 9 and 8 show that he should not (and the fact that he's scored just 75 runs in his last 9 innings). If Ganguly drops Sachin down the order and opens himself, then that will be the final straw for me. Not only is he in appauling form and refusing to accept it, but he's also being selfish and he won't adapt to suit the team. The best thing he could do at the moment is drop himself, then at least India could be sure of something, that he's not in good enough form to warrent a place, and his place taken by someone else. Why are they not even thinking of dropping Kaif? He's not bringing anything to the team and he's blocking a possible 5th bowler...why so? Because Ganguly says so :!(

V Reddy

International Debutant
I am not saying Ganguly should open either. Infact i have just read in CricInfo that they are thinking along these lines.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Look here is also what i just read.

http://www-ind.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2003/FEB/142434_AAP_18FEB2003.html

Maybe Ganguly is silent b'coz he wants it to be secret or maybe otherwise.
Yeah that was what I was commenting on.

Maybe Ganguly's silent because he's just totally clueless? If this continues then I doubt he will stay as captain and if he doesn't get back in form then he will be dropped from the Indian side. He simply isn't doing it as captain and doesn't deserve his place in the team on form. 75 runs from 9 innings is shocking in a lineup rated as highly as the Indian one is. If your opener isn't scoring runs and struggles to bat down the order then drop him for someone who can. That's the way it goes and should go.

Little Master

Cricket Spectator
India

I am quite sure that this will be india's batting line up :

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Mongia
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj
?

I think they should give Kaif one last chance at NO 3. I think that it will work

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i like the look of kaif, i reckon he could be a future captain of India, maybe he needs to be a little more consistent.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
i like the look of kaif, i reckon he could be a future captain of India, maybe he needs to be a little more consistent.
Not if you had to watch him in the Natwest Final you wouldn't :!( :!( :!(

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Not if you had to watch him in the Natwest Final you wouldn't :!( :!( :!(
I mighta missed it! What happened in the natwest final? Was it the 300 run chase?

And Kaif is definitely a viable future captain - he led the Indian U-19 team to the U-19 world cup victory! :D

masterblaster

International Captain
My Side for Zimbabwe

Sehwag
Sachin
Mongia
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif/Bangar (their both useless)
Agarkar/Kumble (Depending on the wicket)
Harbhajan
Srinath
Zaheer

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, Ganguly has finally taken the hint, but I still don't like the idea of not playing AA or Bangar - Bangar is hardly going to score less runs, and he can bowl!

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Saurav is not going to use Bangar for more than four or five overs.
That doesnt win him a place.

They're picking four regular bowlers, the best ones in the squad taking into account the pitch - that's the way to go.

MB, Kaif is useless?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't see why not though - better bowler than Ganguly, and could allow them to play 2 spinners plus Srinath and Khan.

As for batting, he can't do worse than the current lot!

shaka

International Regular
Tendulkar and Sehwag should open for the indian team because they have strike rates above 80. Ganguly 3, Dravid 4, Mongia 5, Kaif 6, Yuvraj 7, Singh 8, Khan 9, Srinath 10, Nehra 11

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
I mighta missed it! What happened in the natwest final? Was it the 300 run chase?

And Kaif is definitely a viable future captain - he led the Indian U-19 team to the U-19 world cup victory! :D
Yes he's certainly a future Indian captain. It's just that his started the obligitary run drought unusually early...

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
Rik said:
Yes he's certainly a future Indian captain. It's just that his started the obligitary run drought unusually early...
That's what happens to most players who are pushed into international cricket too early...Tendulkar was lucky to have matured and come out of his early drought at 16 (he didn't really have the dream first few matches, right)

I personally, am against bringing people with less than 50-100 FC matches of experience into international cricket.

Both India and Pakistan do this. Some kid has a once in a lifetime performance and they throw him onto the international scene and he stumbles and they throw him out forever...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
krkode said:
I personally, am against bringing people with less than 50-100 FC matches of experience into international cricket.
So, about 10 years experience before they can play for Australia - that's a bit harsh!