• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Sidescreen debarcle

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
14 minutes lost because of the side screen in the nz v south africa game. for me thats just not on. if they cant get something like the sidescreen right then there is no hope for any of us.
maybe we need to go back to the old days of the black sheets over a side screen with wheels and 2 guys in their 60's pushing is from side to side every time the batsman wants it moved.
i cant see any problems with the old way.

Kimbo

International Debutant
there are often problems with the sight screens using advertising between overs, they should just leave them blank. it sucks when play has to stop because of something like that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But then again, without the sponsorship on the sightscreen, would we even be having the World Cup?

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
But then again, without the sponsorship on the sightscreen, would we even be having the World Cup?
Of course we would as, they would still have their advertsing all over the place, such as: -

- Pitch (by bolwers run up's)
- Ad Boards all around the ground
- Players Clothing
- TV Coverage, have their logo consistantly on show
- TV comericals
- Iam sure it's all over the place in other places as well that I haven't added

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hate those freaky pitch ads where they try to represent 3D pictures in 2D by trying to give them depth or perspective. They're fine until a player walks across them - at which point my brane er, sorry, brain rebels.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
I hate those freaky pitch ads where they try to represent 3D pictures in 2D by trying to give them depth or perspective. They're fine until a player walks across them - at which point my brane er, sorry, brain rebels.
My pet hate.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its a fact of using the technology because they ca rather than needing to.