• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I can't believe no mention of Vaas

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Scarily he's bowled better...

Not that anyone would remember after his performance in England recently.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats terriffic bowling, but you have to question the quality of this Bangladesh batting lineup. They have been an ICC test nation for almost 3 years now & it seems they are going backwards rather than showing some fight & improving.

The further the Bangladeshi's post poor totals the more embarrassed the ICC must start to feel.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Thats terriffic bowling, but you have to question the quality of this Bangladesh batting lineup. They have been an ICC test nation for almost 3 years now & it seems they are going backwards rather than showing some fight & improving.

The further the Bangladeshi's post poor totals the more embarrassed the ICC must start to feel.
The biggest embarrisment has to be Bangladesh's defeat against Canada. I mean when you are a full Test Playing nation you are at least expected to win against an associate memeber, or narrowly loose, but that was a convincing win by the Canadians. If their batsmen cannot stay in against a village green style right arm medium-fast bowler then how are they supposed to compete against the stronger teams? All he did was bowl straight...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
If their batsmen cannot stay in against a village green style right arm medium-fast bowler then how are they supposed to compete against the stronger teams? All he did was bowl straight...
Both the Canadians and Vaas bowled well. Don't take credit away from them.

Legglancer

State Regular
I hear after the performance the ground staff asked Vass to plant a tree in honour of his bowling prowess. Seems like a great gesture !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
The biggest embarrisment has to be Bangladesh's defeat against Canada. I mean when you are a full Test Playing nation you are at least expected to win against an associate memeber, or narrowly loose, but that was a convincing win by the Canadians. If their batsmen cannot stay in against a village green style right arm medium-fast bowler then how are they supposed to compete against the stronger teams? All he did was bowl straight...
Do you mean Vaas, the left armer who has 206 Test Wickets, and 261 ODI wickets, despite playing a lot of Cricket i spin friendly conditions?

I can think of many Village Cricketer's who'd like that record!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Do you mean Vaas, the left armer who has 206 Test Wickets, and 261 ODI wickets, despite playing a lot of Cricket i spin friendly conditions?

I can think of many Village Cricketer's who'd like that record!
No I mean Austin Codrington who took 5 wickets against Bangladesh. I thought that would be obvious since I didn't mention Sri Lanka, I mentioned Canada, I said right arm not left arm...and...and...and...:yawn:

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Austin Codrington bowled well...
Yes but he's medium-fast wicket to wicket stuff. Bangladesh surely ought to be able to play him properly?

Bazza

International 12th Man
I dunno that's all you need in ODIs (remember I'm a big fan of Mark Ealham, and thought Ian Austin had what it takes to succeed at international level was he given more chances, and earlier).

Vaas amazing - first time someone's taken a hat-trick off the FIRST three balls of an ODI innings, third hat-trick in a world cup, third player (Wasim, Saqlain) to take two hat-tricks in ODIs.

The only stat I haven't heard mentioned was the fact that he took 4 wickets in 5 balls. I reckon this is the first time it's ever happened in ODIs, but need confirmation from somewhere.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
No I mean Austin Codrington who took 5 wickets against Bangladesh. I thought that would be obvious since I didn't mention Sri Lanka, I mentioned Canada, I said right arm not left arm...and...and...and...:yawn:
Ah, but this being the Vaas thread it kind of confused me when you went back to old news!

Simon

Bazza said:
The only stat I haven't heard mentioned was the fact that he took 4 wickets in 5 balls. I reckon this is the first time it's ever happened in ODIs, but need confirmation from somewhere.
I wouldnt bank on that.
im certain that would have happened before.
i did it once :P but that wasnt in a one day international, unfortunately.

Simon

no it was in a game, 8 ball overs we were playing for some stupid reason. the over went

.ww.ww.w

Bazza

International 12th Man
:wow: A 5 wicket maiden?!?!

I did a quick search of all the scorecards involving hat-tricks and it hasn't been done, so it would have to have been a WWxWW make-up. Very possible but I thought it would have been mentioned. I mean four wickets in five balls is a big deal in FC cricket let alone an ODI.

Simon

wow, i feel special.
how do you think i felt when i was dragged after that over?
admittedly the other bowlers did their job to have the opposition dismissed for 13. thats the 2nd lowest total if ever seen in a game i played in. for the record the other was 8, our opening bowler took 8/3

Bazza

International 12th Man
My school side were bowled out for 8 once on a shocking pitch. Lucky that I weighed in with 5 after coming in at about number 8!

Still, at least we only had to field for about 10 minutes!!