• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is the Indian team over-rated?

wahindiawah

Banned
Rik said:
Ahhhh but I didn't write them off. I just said that "on current form" they are not they best batting side in the world, and nowhere near being the best. A few good scores could easily change that. Anyway on current form Zimbabwe are the best due to scoring 340-2 :D
Well India is certainly going to beat Zimbaawe, on the other hand England are going to lose 4 points by boycotting the match that will ensure an early ride home a lot of whinging:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
Well India is certainly going to beat Zimbaawe, on the other hand England are going to lose 4 points by boycotting the match that will ensure an early ride home a lot of whinging:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and your usual un-biased view there wahindiawah...:rolleyes:

wahindiawah

Banned
Un-biased ??? How??

England is in pool of death, they are almost certainly going to lose to Aus, they will lose 4 additional points to Zimb by boycotting the match. IF they do lose another match to either Pak or India (most likely) then they will have extremely slim chance of making it to the SS!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
Un-biased ??? How??

England is in pool of death, they are almost certainly going to lose to Aus, they will lose 4 additional points to Zimb by boycotting the match. IF they do lose another match to either Pak or India (most likely) then they will have extremely slim chance of making it to the SS!
Just think about it...it's not hard

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
Yup, more like a piece of cake!:P
The fact that you mentioned India will win and England will loose and go home moaning sorta gives the game away...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
All i said was "most Likely", nothing is certain in cricket!
How nice. What about a different topic? This one allways gets a bit boring...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't be shocked if Zimbabwe beat India because they have played well against them in the past. I would love to see the reaction of certain people if they do get beaten...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I wouldn't be shocked if Zimbabwe beat India because they have played well against them in the past. I would love to see the reaction of certain people if they do get beaten...
More hiding after they are proven wrong? With the kind of form India are in at the moment they could quite easily slip up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
They're not losing any points, it's just the same as losing a game, and at any rate, India's performance's so far give us hope.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
wahindiawah said:
There is a big "IF" with it.
Zimbabwe hit 340/2 against Nambia...India hit 204 against Holland. Zimbabwe's batsmen look in superb form, India's batting just gets worse and worse. I would go for Zimbabwe on current form, and I think most people would.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can see India beating Zimbabwe easily purely because the Zimbabwean bowling is currently lacking penetration. India have 4 world class players in their team and they can fire on any day. Zimbabwe will have a difficult job to beat them.

However, my previous point is that I would not be surprised if Zimbabwe beat India because they just seem to play better against them. They don't have that bad a team.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I can see India beating Zimbabwe easily purely because the Zimbabwean bowling is currently lacking penetration. India have 4 world class players in their team and they can fire on any day. Zimbabwe will have a difficult job to beat them.

However, my previous point is that I would not be surprised if Zimbabwe beat India because they just seem to play better against them. They don't have that bad a team.
Not long ago Heath Streak wasn't bowling too well but he came up against India for 2 Tests and he took over 10 wickets at like 18 a piece. Streak does well against India. Andy Flower also has a love affair with the Indian bowling. Zimbabwe showed what they can do when they come against poor bowling when they played Nambia, and India are not noted for their bowling strength. Whatever happens I'm sure Zimbabwe will give them a good fight.