• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you think is the worst player in the World Cup?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
There are probably 3 brackets..poor, good & excellent.

about 70% of players probably fit into the good category while 20% are poor and then theres the 10% who are excellent.
There are 4, Excellent, Good, Poor and "Ganguly", he deserves a category all to himself. I suppose you could include Inzi into the "Ganguly" category as well. :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think Symonds as good a feilder as Ponting and Rhodes.

Some of the stuff he does is simpily unbelevable and If I am right he has not droped a catch in about 3 seasons or not one that I can remember.

He also along with Brett Lee also probably has the strongest arm.

In my Opinion these are the 6 best feilders in the world in my order.

R. Ponting
J. Rhodes
A.Symonds
(all equal)
H. Gibbs
L. Vincent
Brett Lee

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
I think Symonds as good a feilder as Ponting and Rhodes.

Some of the stuff he does is simpily unbelevable and If I am right he has not droped a catch in about 3 seasons or not one that I can remember.

He also along with Brett Lee also probably has the strongest arm.

In my Opinion these are the 6 best feilders in the world in my order.

R. Ponting
J. Rhodes
A.Symonds
(all equal)
H. Gibbs
L. Vincent
Brett Lee
Symonds pulled of an amazing one handed caught and bowled when Australia toured England, he is a very good fielder but I don't think you can compare him with Gibbs, Rhodes and Ponting who are all amazing fielders.

Also Heath Streak I rate as one of the best out-fielders in the game, he has a superb arm and when Zimbabwe were over here in 2000 he ran several players out with flat bullet-like returns straight into the keeper's gloves.

I remember Brett Lee breaking his arm throwing...and he wasn't even bowling at the time :lol: (joke)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Rik
I remember Brett Lee breaking his arm throwing...and he wasn't even bowling at the time :lol: (joke)
I remember that. I think his arm didn't set right afterwards and that's probably why some people think his action's "dodgey".

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eclipse said:
R. Ponting
J. Rhodes
A.Symonds
(all equal)
H. Gibbs
L. Vincent
Brett Lee
Rhodes knows no equal. The man is a legendary fielder and Ponting and Symonds have not yet reached that plateau. I don't think Symonds will ever reach that level.

Powell, Chanderpaul and Dillon are also very good fielders.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Somepeople said earlier that Lou Vincent shouldn't be at the cup. I rate Lou very highly but not as a keeper. He seems to pull a good innings out of the bag when it is needed the most.

If you are going to chose a New Zealander who shouldn't be there, I think that Matt Sinclair is the one. Some people rate him but I am one that does NOT. Also I would say that Harris is quite lucky to be there unstead of another batter.

As for the feilders. Andre Adams would be right up there as well. I also think Shane Lee is a good field. I think he is better that Brent anyway.

PY

International Coach
Tamara said:
If you are going to chose a New Zealander who shouldn't be there, I think that Matt Sinclair is the one. Some people rate him but I am one that does NOT.
I rate him very highly but then again that's because he played for my local club in 2001 and made some of the most exciting innings I've ever watched!!don't think i've ever seen so many windowscreens smashed behind a sightscreen in my life.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
I rate him very highly but then again that's because he played for my local club in 2001 and made some of the most exciting innings I've ever watched!!don't think i've ever seen so many windowscreens smashed behind a sightscreen in my life.
Never seen me play then mate ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Talking about the broken windows :lol:
Indoor cricket is not supposed to be played in your lounge!

That's one of my biggest disappointments - in nearly 30 years of playing cricket, I never broke a window (which I cannot say about my golf). Broke my ankle, shoulder, numerous fingers but never a window.

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Hmm, spot the Aussie bias...
Why do you always say things like that?? I am not showing any bias at all thats my opinion and its well though out.

Who exactly do you think should not be in that list? what is wrong with it in your opinion. There are alot of good feilders around and its not an easy call.

There certainly are not any Englishman that would make the list despite the fact You do have good felders in Collingwood and Knight.

Remember that its only my opinion and I dont think you have any right to discredit it by suggesting I am biased.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I think Collingwood and Knight are very good fielders. Hussain is excellent also. They are at least as good as Symonds or Lee, who presumably is only included because he can throw the ball in hard from the boundary.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Indoor cricket is not supposed to be played in your lounge!

That's one of my biggest disappointments - in nearly 30 years of playing cricket, I never broke a window (which I cannot say about my golf). Broke my ankle, shoulder, numerous fingers but never a window.
I'm talking about outdoors where I have hit the ball out of the ground on too many occasions. I hit a tennis ball half way up the cliffs in Bournemouth when I was 12 which made me realise I liked cricket and start playing. Also we played in a hall with windows a few months ago...luckly they were plastic :lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Bazza said:
I think Collingwood and Knight are very good fielders. Hussain is excellent also. They are at least as good as Symonds or Lee, who presumably is only included because he can throw the ball in hard from the boundary.
They are no were near as good as Symonds Night is as good a catcher but he is not as atheletic or quick in the outfeild nor is his arm as good.

Brett Lee is more than just a good arm he is exellent at the dive & slide as well as stoping the ball from reaching the fence. He is also extreamly quick evidence by the fact he can run the 100m in 10.97 seconds witch he recorded at a training camp in Queensland last year.