• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think that Craig Wishart's 172no will be the highest World Cup Score?

Do you think that Craig Wishart's 172no will be the highest World Cup score

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Matthew Brought

Do you think that Craig Wishart's 172no will be the highest World Cup score?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not going to predict who will beat it, but if the pitches continue to the standard of the first few days, I don't see it being at the top come the end - maybe not even close.

Saying that, there might not be another ton (but I doubt it).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry guys but I'm moving this to the World Cup forum. Just for consistency

Welcome to the forum, Matthew! Tell your friends! :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Today Cleethorpes, tomorrow Scunny (ha ha naughty word catcher - can't get me there), the day after that - who knows? Sutton on Sea?

We appear to have nearly as many members now in Cleethorpes as we have in say, Melbourne, Adelaide, Mumbai etc etc. Must be the fish.

Welcome, Matthew. I'm the village idiot.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it will be the highest, frankly it's a huge innings and I think it's extreamly silly to think that because a player has a higher average he will automatically overtake the score of a less successful batsman. Wishart played the innings of his life, at a very very good rate, and he didn't get out. It will take a lot to beat that in my opinion.

Anyway, hi! I'm the formerly highly contriversial Rik, now just slightly contriversial :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im going to say no one will beat that.
its going to have to be one hell of an innings

Its hard to say so I dont know.

Maybe someone else will make a higher score against Namibia, Someone like Hayden, Gilchrist or Ponting.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Gibbs just hammered 143, but he didn't go on! I still think Wishart will end up with the highest score, Nambia bowled well to Pakistan.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah definitely I can't believe everyone assumes someone is going to beat 172. I mean that is one of the higher scores in the history of one day internationals. Pakistan hardly scored more against Namibia than they did against Australia so just because they are a minor team doesn't mean everyone's going to rack up 350 against them.