Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Wins !!!

State Regular

Canada Wins !!!

Canada has defeated Bangladesh !

This Is a Great Day For Canadian Cricket !

Well played Canada !!!! Keep the Flag flying !

Now I am Going To resume My celebration's with by buddies

Congrats Canada well played you just beat a test nation
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Originally posted by Gotchya
    Congrats Canada well played you just beat a test nation
    That "test nation" status is a fact, but it is also a fact that they are just not good enough to be one and so, this shouldn't count as much of an upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

I don't think we should take anything away from Canada though. If anything slate Bangladesh for showing absolute zero application over the last 2 1/2 years.

Unfortunately for Canada that was their easiest game. Even Kenya will be tougher opposition and I can't see them winning any more games although chances are they will finish 6th in the group, above Bangladesh.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Originally posted by Bazza
    I don't think we should take anything away from Canada though. If anything slate Bangladesh for showing absolute zero application over the last 2 1/2 years.

Unfortunately for Canada that was their easiest game. Even Kenya will be tougher opposition and I can't see them winning any more games although chances are they will finish 6th in the group, above Bangladesh.
    I am not taking anything away from Canada. Their win against a more experienced opponent(at least in terms of number of games) is creditable. Just pointing out that Bangladesh is not that good a team that their loss can be termed a big upset.

Pinball Champion!
    Hmm maybe knowing the ICC, Canada will get test status shortly. It happened with bangladesh, one upset and you are in!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Originally posted by anilramavarma
    I am not taking anything away from Canada. Their win against a more experienced opponent(at least in terms of number of games) is creditable. Just pointing out that Bangladesh is not that good a team that their loss can be termed a big upset.
    What you have to remember is that although Bangladesh don't look good agaist the bigger nations, but to Canada they would have looked like Australia (Sorry SA are the best side now ).

Originally posted by Rich2001
    What you have to remember is that although Bangladesh don't look good agaist the bigger nations, but to Canada they would have looked like Australia (Sorry SA are the best side now ).
    Canada and Bangladesh were both among the minnows not too long ago. After Bangladesh's "graduation" into the higher echelons, what have they done so far to deserve that elevated ranking? Nothing! What have they done to instil that kind of fear into the Canadians? Nothing! So, I don't believe that in Canada's view, Bangladesh looked like Australia or any top team for that matter.

Originally posted by anilramavarma
    That "test nation" status is a fact, but it is also a fact that they are just not good enough to be one and so, this shouldn't count as much of an upset.
    you missed the sarcasm there anil

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Right. I have been one of Bangladesh's staunchest defenders over the past 2-3 years since they got Test Status.

But they're's only one word for the display today. And I can't use it here.

The batsmen do have the talent, but they must learn to show application for more than two balls at a time. You can't switch off when playing against International opposition, even Canada, or you'll get done.

And to the Bangladeshi Government....

Stop messing with the Cricket Board. Get the people in who know Cricket, love Cricket and want Bangladesh Cricket to stop embarrassing the whole nation, and then some. Stop appointing all your nephews, brothers and cousins into positions of authority. There aren't many people who still believe you are worthy of a Test Cricket side, and you don't need to lose any more supporters.

On the plus side, Alok and Sanwar bowled well...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Originally posted by Gotchya
    you missed the sarcasm there anil
    Oh ok! So, I did! Anyway, kudos to Canada for getting the 4 points. Now, let's see if they can get to 8 at the expense of Kenya.

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Right. I have been one of Bangladesh's staunchest defenders over the past 2-3 years since they got Test Status.

But they're's only one word for the display today. And I can't use it here.

The batsmen do have the talent, but they must learn to show application for more than two balls at a time. You can't switch off when playing against International opposition, even Canada, or you'll get done.

And to the Bangladeshi Government....

Stop messing with the Cricket Board. Get the people in who know Cricket, love Cricket and want Bangladesh Cricket to stop embarrassing the whole nation, and then some. Stop appointing all your nephews, brothers and cousins into positions of authority. There aren't many people who still believe you are worthy of a Test Cricket side, and you don't need to lose any more supporters.

On the plus side, Alok and Sanwar bowled well...
    Any qualms about going there Neil ? I mean just to lend hand

U19 Cricketer
    Bangladesh shouldn't have been a test nation before Kenya. There is really no debate about that IMO.

From all reports, the only reason Bangladesh got test status was because the asian countries (****, SL, Ind) pushed so hard for them to get into test cricket.

State Regular
    C'mon guy's give Canada some Credit .... We all know Bangladesh is not world class, but they are vastly more experienced than Canada. Take a look at Zimbabwe who although are exponetially better than bangladesh are still not world class having been playing test cricket way longer than Bangladesh.

But in the context, considering Banglddesh's expousure all the top test teams combined with Canada's lack of same not to mention Facilities, practice ect. ... its quite creditable for our boys to defeat them comprehensively. I for one am very proud today.

State 12th Man
    go Canada!!!

hey leggie how come you root for canada?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information