• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canada Wins !!!

Legglancer

State Regular
Canada has defeated Bangladesh !

This Is a Great Day For Canadian Cricket !

Well played Canada !!!! Keep the Flag flying !

Now I am Going To resume My celebration's with by buddies ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gotchya said:
Congrats Canada well played you just beat a test nation
That "test nation" status is a fact, but it is also a fact that they are just not good enough to be one and so, this shouldn't count as much of an upset.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I don't think we should take anything away from Canada though. If anything slate Bangladesh for showing absolute zero application over the last 2 1/2 years.

Unfortunately for Canada that was their easiest game. Even Kenya will be tougher opposition and I can't see them winning any more games although chances are they will finish 6th in the group, above Bangladesh.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bazza said:
I don't think we should take anything away from Canada though. If anything slate Bangladesh for showing absolute zero application over the last 2 1/2 years.

Unfortunately for Canada that was their easiest game. Even Kenya will be tougher opposition and I can't see them winning any more games although chances are they will finish 6th in the group, above Bangladesh.
I am not taking anything away from Canada. Their win against a more experienced opponent(at least in terms of number of games) is creditable. Just pointing out that Bangladesh is not that good a team that their loss can be termed a big upset.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm maybe knowing the ICC, Canada will get test status shortly. It happened with bangladesh, one upset and you are in!

Rich2001

International Captain
anilramavarma said:
I am not taking anything away from Canada. Their win against a more experienced opponent(at least in terms of number of games) is creditable. Just pointing out that Bangladesh is not that good a team that their loss can be termed a big upset.
What you have to remember is that although Bangladesh don't look good agaist the bigger nations, but to Canada they would have looked like Australia (Sorry SA are the best side now ;) ).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rich2001 said:
What you have to remember is that although Bangladesh don't look good agaist the bigger nations, but to Canada they would have looked like Australia (Sorry SA are the best side now ;) ).
Canada and Bangladesh were both among the minnows not too long ago. After Bangladesh's "graduation" into the higher echelons, what have they done so far to deserve that elevated ranking? Nothing! What have they done to instil that kind of fear into the Canadians? Nothing! So, I don't believe that in Canada's view, Bangladesh looked like Australia or any top team for that matter.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
anilramavarma said:
That "test nation" status is a fact, but it is also a fact that they are just not good enough to be one and so, this shouldn't count as much of an upset.
you missed the sarcasm there anil

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right. I have been one of Bangladesh's staunchest defenders over the past 2-3 years since they got Test Status.

But they're's only one word for the display today. And I can't use it here.

The batsmen do have the talent, but they must learn to show application for more than two balls at a time. You can't switch off when playing against International opposition, even Canada, or you'll get done.

And to the Bangladeshi Government....

Stop messing with the Cricket Board. Get the people in who know Cricket, love Cricket and want Bangladesh Cricket to stop embarrassing the whole nation, and then some. Stop appointing all your nephews, brothers and cousins into positions of authority. There aren't many people who still believe you are worthy of a Test Cricket side, and you don't need to lose any more supporters.

On the plus side, Alok and Sanwar bowled well...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gotchya said:
you missed the sarcasm there anil
Oh ok! So, I did! Anyway, kudos to Canada for getting the 4 points. Now, let's see if they can get to 8 at the expense of Kenya.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Right. I have been one of Bangladesh's staunchest defenders over the past 2-3 years since they got Test Status.

But they're's only one word for the display today. And I can't use it here.

The batsmen do have the talent, but they must learn to show application for more than two balls at a time. You can't switch off when playing against International opposition, even Canada, or you'll get done.

And to the Bangladeshi Government....

Stop messing with the Cricket Board. Get the people in who know Cricket, love Cricket and want Bangladesh Cricket to stop embarrassing the whole nation, and then some. Stop appointing all your nephews, brothers and cousins into positions of authority. There aren't many people who still believe you are worthy of a Test Cricket side, and you don't need to lose any more supporters.

On the plus side, Alok and Sanwar bowled well...
Any qualms about going there Neil ? I mean just to lend hand ;)

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh shouldn't have been a test nation before Kenya. There is really no debate about that IMO.

From all reports, the only reason Bangladesh got test status was because the asian countries (****, SL, Ind) pushed so hard for them to get into test cricket.

Legglancer

State Regular
C'mon guy's give Canada some Credit .... We all know Bangladesh is not world class, but they are vastly more experienced than Canada. Take a look at Zimbabwe who although are exponetially better than bangladesh are still not world class having been playing test cricket way longer than Bangladesh.

But in the context, considering Banglddesh's expousure all the top test teams combined with Canada's lack of same not to mention Facilities, practice ect. ... its quite creditable for our boys to defeat them comprehensively. I for one am very proud today.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
hourn said:
Bangladesh shouldn't have been a test nation before Kenya. There is really no debate about that IMO.
Kenya don't have a FC League Structure though so Bangladesh got the promotion. It's ashame really as Steve Tikolo would get a game in most Test Sides.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Canada! Now if America can qualify then maybe I might get a go in the World Cup :lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Well done Canada. Gee Robin Singh is getting everything right. He is commentating for Sony here.He said that Canada will win as it has some WI players who he played with when he lived in WI and he didn't rate Ban highly. He got everything right from the start of the WC here. Now Kenya thrash Ban and show who the better team is.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Well done Canada! Now if America can qualify then maybe I might get a go in the World Cup :lol:
I've actually heard there's a pretty good standard of Club Cricket in the US - but they struggle with bowling, and quick singles take a while because they start to run in the wrong direction, and also slip catching hasn't quite caught on yet...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gotchya said:
Any qualms about going there Neil ? I mean just to lend hand ;)
I've got my hands full with Junior Teams round here at the minute, although I'm here if they want me :)