• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canada Wins !!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I've actually heard there's a pretty good standard of Club Cricket in the US - but they struggle with bowling, and quick singles take a while because they start to run in the wrong direction, and also slip catching hasn't quite caught on yet...
...yeah well I have the added advantage of learning the game in England ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
...yeah well I have the added advantage of learning the game in England ;)
There are good coaches in the US so I believe and I think that they aren't that bad a side.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
There are good coaches in the US so I believe and I think that they aren't that bad a side.
Actually the team is made up of quite a few West Indies players who haven't caught the selector's eye, rather like...:rolleyes:

Cricket will never be a huge sport over there but if I ever moved over there I would definately have a go.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Leggie, do you live in canada still? if yes where, because for some reason I used to think u r an aussie.

Apparently there is quite a bit of league cricket in Canada, and I heard that one time Pak international Saleem Jafar also used to play in a league in Vasncouver.

Legglancer

State Regular
Well Roy I am from Toronto Canada but formaly
a huge australin cricket fan.

We have division cricket tournamants in the summer and the standards are quite decent. All our wickets are matting which does not help our batsman outside home. All the matchers are played on the weekends as the players dont get payed to play cricket here for example Austin Codrington is plumber from Victoria (He got 5 wickets against Bangladesh). Some players in the Canadian Cricket team drive 600 km for practices every weekend. Every member of the Canadian cricket team has made
huge personal sacrifices to be at the world cup. They have no sponsers and have used their personal resources and contributions from well wishers to play cricket. That's why I and a few cricket lovers are soooo glad that they won a match and are extreamly proud of our weekend warriors.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I know one of the top order batters Ian Billcliff. He is from South Canterbury but I think he has just moved to Canada. I have done quite a bit of training with him as he used to work as a coach for South Canterbury Cricket and coached my under 14 team.

I see he got 40 odd runs the other day.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
I've got my hands full with Junior Teams round here at the minute, although I'm here if they want me :)
Actually, after today's display, I'm volunteering to take over in charge of Bangladeshi cricket and get it moving forward. Just promise me a free hand and no governmental interference and I'm yours.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well Billcliff got 71 today but his departure started a crumbling from 158-4 to the current 186-8. Still Canada couild get 200 here and this one will be very interesting.