Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pakistan/Australia possibly the most explosive clash of the tournament

Really clutching at straws there Roy.
    Well, not entirely fiction work that, the only time when you are guaranteed some good cricket from the Pakistani's is when they have their backs to the wall. They manage to pull through mostly. Predictions...predictions....I hate doing it !

Originally posted by royGilchrist
    [B]Well yeh maybe, although I really dont care much if Pak wins, just giving some history.
    Roy, need I say I feel lonely around here mate ?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

State 12th Man
    Gotchya, I dont think you are alone, there is Youhanna, nice guy (if he is the same one from sports.com group). I normally dont support any team fanatically, but if anything I would like WI to win.

I hate the fact that all these useless teams have been invited to the cup which makes it long and boring in the beginning round, and unfortunalte I wont be able to watch many good matches as I leave on Mar 1. It should like the old times, having the ICC cup and only inviting one of these nations (which used ot be Zim in those days).

Originally posted by royGilchrist
    Gotchya, I dont think you are alone, there is Youhanna, nice guy (if he is the same one from sports.com group). I normally dont support any team fanatically, but if anything I would like WI to win.
    Naah, was just kidding you there

Cricket Spectator
    Why Pakistan.There not the second best team in the World Cup if that's what you're trying to get at.Why Pakistan.There are many better teams in the World Cup than Pakistan such as India and South Africa

International Debutant
    Originally posted by Matt Broughton
    Why Pakistan.There not the second best team in the World Cup if that's what you're trying to get at.Why Pakistan.There are many better teams in the World Cup than Pakistan such as India and South Africa
    India !!! hell no.

Pakistan are better than india and they are ranked according.

Originally posted by Matt Broughton
    If you are referring to this thread, I said a *possiblity* of a big
    clash (evident from the Pakistani squad) it never materliased

Not the second best for sure, but they have the fire power to down Australia, though it has not happened for quite a while. India or South Africa dont have that quality. India by quite a distance. South Africa though are a much better and much more consistent outfit then Pakistan and currently looking streets ahead of them. I have a bias sure, but its not blind.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Not the second best for sure, but they have the fire power to down Australia, though it has not happened for quite a while. India or South Africa dont have that quality. India by quite a distance. South Africa though are a much better and much more consistent outfit then Pakistan and currently looking streets ahead of them. I have a bias sure, but its not blind.

On what is that based?

The present Pakistan team (under Waqar Younis) has lost 6 matches and won 3 against Australia.
    The present Indian team (under Saurav Ganguly) has won 3 and lost 3 against Australia.

The Australian team has changed over this period so it's difficult to use the stats. Maybe the newcomers are better than the Waugh brothers, or maybe not.

On what is that based?

The present Pakistan team (under Waqar Younis) has lost 6 matches and won 3 against Australia.
    The present Indian team (under Saurav Ganguly) has won 3 and lost 3 against Australia.

The Australian team has changed over this period so it's difficult to use the stats. Maybe the newcomers are better than the Waugh brothers, or maybe not.

Based on a purely qualitative analysis. Though I maintain, the way the Aussies thrashed the Shoaib's and the Wasim's then went on to crush the Tendulkar's and the Dravid's......they dont seem to have a challenger by a long long way.

Waqar has been captain for a much shorter time compared to Saurav Ganguly. 2 of those 3 wins were consecutive as well, so not bad work?

You probably know what I am talking on about here so let this thread die in peace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information