Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan/Australia possibly the most explosive clash of the tournament

symonds just got his 3rd ODI 50 off 60 balls. aus r 5-170 after the loss of punter. hogg seems to be in gr8 batting from however.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Symonds (78* off 73) has just taken 16 off one Afridi over...

200/5 with 14.3 overs left, this partnership has 54 off 6 overs.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

symond's 84* off 79. hogg 8*. 5-209

GR8 INNINGS!! Symonds just got his 100. aus r 6/233. with 9 overs to go.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Well to all the naysayers about the selection of Symonds I say, eat your words! You go Symonds!!!

And Waqar has just bowled two beamers at Symonds! Waqar has been pulled out of the attack mid-over for that. Symonds looked like he was ready to thump him. So would I..........

I sure Waqars beamers were NOT deliberate but the rules donṫ allow for intent; only one beamer and then a final warning. After the second, youŕe dragged and good on Shep for having the guts to do that.

Gee Symonds is looking VERY dangerous..............Just smacked a six off Wasim in the last over of the innings over mid-on.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Debutant
    OMG he hits the ball hard!!

He was so sensible to he did not try to hit sixes like he usualy does and when he did hit his shots man the hit the harder than I have ever seen. And that includeds Klusener in the 1999 WC.

Amazing thing was it was a chancless innings he never really played a false shot.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    The duck's got a thing or two to say about this game..... but you'll have to wait!
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Just one of those occasions when Australia looked down and then come up with the unique fighting spirit they are known for. At 82/4 I would have backed Pakistan to bowl out Australia for 210 at most, yet Symonds comes out and plays one of the better innings in one day cricket, and that too starting from the middle of a team innings. It was chanceless aggression and unique innings, priceless because of the time at which it came. Very very welldone to him.

As for Waqar's beamers, I am sure it was unintentional. For all the years I have watched cricket, I dont see Waqar hurling the ball bounceless at a batsmen just to appease his own anger. Shepherd did the right thing, and Symonds 'concern' was, well just acceptable I would say.

Pakistan will struggle infact they are, to reach this target though they still might make a match of it by atleast challenging the target in some manner, especially with Warne missing from the ranks.

About Warne, well this is a shocker no doubt, what do you Aussies have to say about this one ? did he ? or did he not ?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Gotchya - There's a thread all about Warney...

Pakistan 63/3 off 16... 7.5+ an over needed, it'll take some doing.

Shepherd did the right thing, and Symonds 'concern' was, well just acceptable I would say.
    Mate, letś see you face a beamer at 130km/h and see what sort of mood youŕe in. Iḋ say youḋ be a little more than ćoncerned In fact Iḋ venture to say that youḋ react in much more animated manner than Symonds did. I know I would have and if it were me and it not an internationally televised match, Waqar would have gotten from me more than a few strong words.

One is forgiveable but two in the same over is grounds for being very uptight with the bowler. Possibly physically so.

If they werent deliberate (highly likely, considering that Waqar isnṫ one to be unsportsman-like), then they were negligent in the extreme and Waqar was punished on that basis.

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Gotchya - There's a thread all about Warney...

Pakistan 63/3 off 16... 7.5+ an over needed, it'll take some doing.
    Yeah noticed

The only hope now is to see of the early bursts and then cahs in on the allrounders. To provide some sort of chance.

Originally posted by Top_Cat
    Mate, letś see you face a beamer at 130km/h and see what sort of mood youŕe in. Iḋ say youḋ be a little more than ćoncerned In fact Iḋ venture to say that youḋ react in much more animated manner than Symonds did. I know I would have and if it were me and it not an internationally televised match, Waqar would have gotten from me more than a few strong words.

One is forgiveable but two in the same over is grounds for being very uptight with the bowler. Possibly physically so.

If they werent deliberate (highly likely, considering that Waqar isnṫ one to be unsportsman-like), then they were negligent in the extreme and Waqar was punished on that basis.
    Did I say anything that opposes these sentiments ? I never said that symonds reaction was over the hill. It WAS acceptable. As for MY reaction, I would not have overdone it mate, not by one cent. Just would have requested the umpire to get him out of my face. Which is probably what Symonds did in the end.

Rik
    Let's hope Australia think Symonds can bowl that well too and 50 off 30 overs and Pakistan win!

As for the beamer issue, I wouldn't have a problem, I'd just have a go at it and see if I could wack it for 6, I've had a few bowled at me and they are like a free hit.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Did I say anything that opposes these sentiments ? I never said that symonds reaction was over the hill. It WAS acceptable.
    You said just acceptable. Maybe this is a function of how we take things but I took it too mean that you thought he was close to over-stepping the mark. My mistake.

As for the beamer issue, I wouldn't have a problem, I'd just have a go at it and see if I could wack it for 6, I've had a few bowled at me and they are like a free hit.
    At 130km/h+, they are most certainly NOT free hits; theyŕe actually quite dangerous. Ie been the victim of one bowled at me from someone whoḋ been clocked at 144km/h and I didnt even pick it up until it was right on top of me. Him and I had words after the game, let me tell you.

Originally posted by Top_Cat
    You said just acceptable. Maybe this is a function of how we take things but I took it too mean that you thought he was close to over-stepping the mark. My mistake.
    Precisely. A function of origin perhaps. And btw TC you buy a nwe keyboard ? you seem to be typing characters mine doesn't have

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information