• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Devil Duckys World Cup Essentials

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack>

9 February, South Africa v West Indies
Wavell Hinds (West Indies)

Wavell Hinds scratches around for 16 deliveries, waiting for the ball to come within arms reach. Taken by surprise as Shaun Pollock finally switches on his radar , there is the awful snick of willow on pad and umpire Daryl Harper raises the dreaded finger. The first duck of the tournament has been achieved, and it took just 20 minutes.
DD rating - 3 lilypads

Makhaya Ntini (South Africa)

Much credit for this dismissal should go to Lance Klusener. When Klusener lofted Vasbert Drakes (my hero) to Carl Hooper at deep midwicket in the final over with eight to win, the batsman moved nary a muscle in an attempt to cross, thus ensuring that the Protean tail ender should be given his chance of glory. With Nicky Boje haring down the track in a vain attempt to wrest the strike, Klusener set off for the pavilion. Sure enough, Ntini duly obliged, valiantly slamming a full toss to Ramnaresh Sarwan on the boundary for a mere two-ball duck.
DD rating - 4 lilypads

Breadcrumb moment - Pedro Collins.

With Lance Klusener roaring along like the Zulu of old, Chris Gayle was swatted right down the throat of the unfortunate Pedro Tyrone Collins. Gleefully pouching the catch, he decided to take more steps backwards than in the title of the average John Buchan novel, straight on to the boundary rope, thus donating a six to the batsman and an exciting finish to the rest of us. Nice one, Pedro.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
That was quick eddie!

I doubt if Bojé was on strike for the last three balls, he would have been able to muster 9 runs. For me, the game was up the moment Zulu got out....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There would've been more of a chance than with Ntini on strike. In cricket, anything could happen...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> ducks and breadcrumbs only, please.

Hush now, Devil Ducky. I agree, Gotchya. However, Venkat was consistent - there were a couple at the death which he didn't call either.

<quack> what a name - Vasbert Drakes. Gets in DDs first XI every time.

I thought you'd like him.

PY

International Coach
sorry its a bad joke "sick *uck" could mean sick duck.............:rolleyes: :saint:

Kimbo

International Debutant
just noticed matt bulbeck wears his make up the same as AD.
they have the clown look going...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> luckyeddie asked me if I'd write some articles for the world cup

I never did.

<quack> you did

You pestered me and I said that you were on a 3 day trial

<quack> look at the hits on this thread already.

Meaning?

<quack> the world loves ducks. everyone writes books about the great batsmen, great keepers, great fielders, great bowlers, great matches, great pies....

Great pies?

<quack> delia smith is a director of norwich city

Norwich City don't play cricket

<quack> Don't play football either

Your point being....

<quack> no-one's ever written articles about something i like

Being.....

<quack> ducks and breadcrumbs

Worms?

<quack> Leave the ECB selectors out of this

Anna

International Vice-Captain
just noticed matt bulbeck wears his make up the same as AD.
If your're refering to my avatar, it's IAN BLACKWELL!!! Matt Bulbeck is much nicer!:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Breadcrumb moment - Pedro Collins.

With Lance Klusener roaring along like the Zulu of old, Chris Gayle was swatted right down the throat of the unfortunate Pedro Tyrone Collins. Gleefully pouching the catch, he decided to take more steps backwards than in the title of the average John Buchan novel, straight on to the boundary rope, thus donating a six to the batsman and an exciting finish to the rest of us. Nice one, Pedro.
Did this remind anyone else of the Sri Lankan "catch" in the last World Cup?

Difference being that was given for somebizarre reason.