• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No excuses for no Australian World Cup motto

Eclipse

International Debutant
I like this :P

POTCHEFSTROOM, South Africa, Feb 3 AAP - Steve Waugh's absence is regrettable.

He's left the team without a motto.

What is Ricky Ponting doing?

Australia always had a motto when Waugh was captain.

Most times, anyway. They were great.

He came up with 'No Regrets' for the 1999 World Cup.

Other expeditions were filed under catchy little phrases like 'Never Satisfied'.

Waugh spent an entire Ashes series mumbling "never satisfied, lads" from gully.

And now?

Nothing.

A rumour spread this morning about the use of 'No Excuses'.

Perfect, perfect. Nods of approval everywhere.

But then it was revealed 'No Excuses' was not the motto for this tour and even more alarmingly, there was to be no motto at all.

Tragic.

Australia needs a motto and it's not too late to get one.

The first game is still a week away.

'No Excuses' really would be would be perfect, reflecting the players' belief that all things being equal, they should win this tournament.

If they lose, they will have no-one to blame but themselves.

No excuses.

Going through unbeaten is not beyond the realms of possibility.

They have wicket-taking and economical bowlers, run-hungry batsmen capable of dominating or dabbing, fieldsmen happy to throw themselves all over the place, a spinner who is out of this world, an aura of invincibility and an aggressive, progressive leader.

Even if he can't find a motto.

South Africa has jumped on the motto bandwagon, adopting one that sounds vaguely familiar: `No Regrets'.

Waugh should have put it under copyright.

Surely the hosts could have been more imaginative.

"Don't Choke' would have been good.

Other nations are believed to be considering the following:

India - No Quicks.

Zimbabwe - No Matches.

England - No Hope.

New Zealand - Please, No.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
What??? You've just totally confused me!

Anyway enough of "England - No Hope" :!( :!( :!(

oh and NZ...maybe because they have a habit of beating you or running you close ;) :lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
lol man Eclipse your on your way to the terrace, come back ! before it is too late ;)

What is Ricky Ponting doing ? he should have a bat in his hand and not a pen churning up mottos :lol:

And here I was thinking the world cup was about bat and ball ;)

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Gotchya said:
And here I was thinking the world cup was about bat and ball ;)
really??? and here was me thinking it was all about which cricketer could spout the most crap in the media.....

Eclipse

International Debutant
I hope u peope dont think I wrote that I just saw it on cricketinfo and thought it was funny.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry mate, but you are the nearest we have to Terrace since India started to lose and we shut the rest up!

Cloete

International Captain
LOL!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

only marc, i must add alot of englishman when talkin about hogg and watson get quite close to the terraces. but when talking about english youth they say their world-class etc and get even closer . Rik especially :rolleyes: but other than that it's all good.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
LOL!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

only marc, i must add alot of englishman when talkin about hogg and watson get quite close to the terraces. but when talking about english youth they say their world-class etc and get even closer . Rik especially :rolleyes: but other than that it's all good.
Hahaha you think I'm Terrace? You must have missed out on those Indians...:lol:

Willow Whacker

Cricket Spectator
Aw c'mon fellows here's a real chance to add some creativity & spice to the great game:

Pakistan - No Bets

Netherlands - No Dykes (not sure about the women's team?)

Sri Lanka - No Balls

Zim - No Way

And of Course Australia - No Waugh

WW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bazza

International 12th Man
Canary Yellow, as borrowed from Norwich City. :lol:

How about Australia - No Sports.

Willow Whacker

Cricket Spectator
It's Wattle - Which stands for

Watch All The Turkeys Lose Everytime - now that's a cool motto.

... and Wattle we think of next?

:lol: :lol: :D :D :lol: :lol: W :D W:lol: :lol: