• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Three Teams You Will Support In This WC

masterblaster

International Captain
For me its

1. India - No explanations required

2. Australia - The country where I live, Im truly blessed to live here.

3. Zimbabwe - Talented bunch of cricketers, and I love their underdog tag.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
1. New Zealand - gotta support you're own country first!
2. Australia - If NZ don't win the WC, then I hope the trans-tasman neighbours do
3. West Indies - Id like to see them do well after the awful 1998-1999 period.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
West Indies :- My favourite team
Pakistan:- Simpy for talent and excitement when on form
England :- I want them to do well after quite a few dreadful A.S.H.E.S.

P.S: In my post A.S.H.E.S stands for:
Another. Sad. Horrific/Horrible. English. Series.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia - My country
England - Where the family comes from
West Indies - putting money on them!

team i wont be going for and hoping they lose every game is India. they are a bunch of over rated no hoping cricketers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My personal feeling is that one should only support one team.

However, when England get knocked out, I will probably back SA.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I want the best side to win really! And I have a soft spot for any team that out-does it's self and really fights! But I will be looking out for:

England: I've lived here all my life and America didn't qualify :(

Zimbabwe: I love the country, love the cricketers and the fight they show, hate the politics...

West Indies: You can't help but love the style of their batsmen. They made cricket fun and ***y and exciting. You want them to do well.

India: Well...I thought I would make it up for slagging them off all the time...:saint:

I wouldn't mind South Africa winning, they deserve it and play the game with passion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI - Not sure why...
SA - Fell in love with them after they thrashed us 5-0...:D
Eng - They did invent the sport after all....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) England
2) Anyone playing India
3) Anyone playing Australia

In that order (sorry masterblaster :))

I'll also be looking out for all the minnows, especially Bangladesh and Namibia.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah, all the minnows too! Wow I'm supporting a lot of teams :O :lol: oh well...I might have to drop India :saint:

V Reddy

International Debutant
It's bad on ur part Rik to not to fulfill ur promise :(

I would Support

India - Just got to b'coz i live there

Eng - I like them just no reason

WI - B'coz there are a lot of Indian names in it :D nah love to
see them back on top.

Indian_Boy

Cricket Spectator
The three teams I would support most are-
1. India-It's a shame if the country I live in loses.
2. England-They are the best fighters in World Cricket.
3. Anybody playing against Paskistan.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh ok if you insist...I'll suport India too ;)

Odd to see so many Indian supporters going for England after all the arguements...but hey! Learn to forgive! :D

Anna

International Vice-Captain
1. England - because I feel it's my duty:D
2. SA - they are capable of amazing cricket:wow:
3. Anyone playing Australia:lol:

Oh yeah, and the minnows! Can't forget them:)

PY

International Coach
England and anyone who plays cricket in the correct manner and makes the game exciting and watchable!! lol oh i do love wonderful cliches :lol: :lol: :lol: PS cant help but support anyone who's playin Aussies or Indians

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
India - I desperately want India to win, doesn't look likely though.

NZ - They are an excellent one day team and barring injury concerns should make a run for the cup.

SA - They have the home advantage, well-settled and injury free team. I like their chances.

I really don't have anything against the other teams, but I would prefer that someone other than Australia win the 'cup this time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
England - Because I am English. No explanation really required

South Africa - I love the country, love everything about their cricket, and I hope the great AD can finish off his career with the brilliance he has kept up throughout it.

Zimbabwe - Zim deserves something to shout about. They have a talented bunch of guys who play hard and I hope they can go from strength to strength and cause an upset or two.

It seems like a lot of people would like to see Zim do well. I spose they could do with all the support they can get during these troubled times....

masterblaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
1) England
2) Anyone playing India
3) Anyone playing Australia

In that order (sorry masterblaster :))

I'll also be looking out for all the minnows, especially Bangladesh and Namibia.
Thats okay Neil, I cant blame you with all the other types of fans. Im sure you all did like India before they came along. Anyway, yeah I will be supporting Kenya in the minnows. I believe they are more talented than Bangladesh