• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian Harvey

Thomas Aquinas

Cricket Spectator
i think that it is a joke that Ian Harvey was selected in the world cup squad. He has proven time and time again that he is a useless batter and bowling in extremely uneconimical. The less said about his fielding the better.

Well i suppose autralia wants to make it a little fairer for thw world cup.

By the way Ian Harvey made 2 duck in 1 day and only faced one ball

What a great player:lol:

Greg Blewett would have been a much better player or they should have selected another bowler or batsman eg MICHAEL CLARKE

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Harvey is not a bad bowler from what i've seen, its just that his batting is not good enough to classify him as an all-rounder at international level anyway.

IMO, Australia needed to choose between Symonds & Harvey, unfortunately they've now got both.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well if Watson did not get injured I dont think ether of Symonds or Harvey would be playing.

I agree with Thomas Aquinas I think he is total crap at international level especialy with the bat.

I would have much preffered that they took M. Clark even know hes not really an allrounder he is a brilliant young batsman great feilder and more than usefull bowler.

Eclipse

International Debutant
yes maybe.

But again its not like He is a calss player We have Watson who could be class in a few years.

Bazza

International 12th Man
349 20 1547 56 27.62 5-21 1 1 37.3 4.43

Craig White in ODIs. That's a very good record for mine. When you factor in the fact he has the ability to bat as high as 8 and can score half centuries, I'll take it.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
harveys a top calss bowler, his bowling looks uneconomical cause he bowls at the end of the innings -- but he is good and his batting is very hit and miss