• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your first choice eleven??

yohanna

Banned
Pakistan
------------
Anwar
Elahi
Inzi
Youhanna
Younis
Razzak
Lateef
Akram
Saqlain
Waqar
Akhter

India
-------
Ganguly
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Dravid
Yuvraj
Kaif
Bangar
Khan
Srinath
Harbhajan
Nehra

Australia
-----------
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Martyn
Bevan
Lehman
Hogg
Warne
Lee
Jason
McGrath.

WI
-----
Gayles
Hinds
Sarwan
Lara
Chanderpaul
Hooper
Jacobs
Dillon
Lawson
Collymore.
Collins

Others??

V Reddy

International Debutant
age_master said:
whats india doing with singh (turban man)

i heard that he had a new mystery ball
Yeah i read that on CricInfo World Cup Log. But i haven't seen any reports about that here in India.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, it's one that pitches out side leg stump and the umpire's refuse to give it leg before wicket!

Even he himself is confused by it! ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI
Gayle
Jacobs
Sarwan
Lara
Hooper
Chanderpaul
Powell
Drakes
Dillon
Collins
Lawson

12th Man: Hinds (W)

Bazza

International 12th Man
Trescothick
Knight
Vaughan
Hussain
Collingwood
Stewart
Flintoff
Blackwell
White
Caddick
Anderson

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I totally agree with your England team Bazza. What was Don Ricardo thinking when he didn't put Blackwell in his team?! Yes his batting has been a bit poor recently, but he was the second highest wicket taker for England in the VB series, with 11, behind Caddick.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
I totally agree with your England team Bazza. What was Don Ricardo thinking when he didn't put Blackwell in his team?!
Maybe he doesn't live in Somerset :saint:

Langeveldt

Soutie
SAfrica

1.Herschelle Gibbs
2.Graham Smith
3.Gary Kirsten
4.Jacques Kallis
5.Boeta Dippenaar
6.Lance Klusener
7.Mark Boucher
8.Shaun Pollock
9.Nicky Bojé
10.Allan Donald
11.Makhaya Ntini

12.Robin Peterson

Choora

State Regular
Zimbabwe

M. Vermulen.
A. Campbell
G. Flower
A. Flower
S. Carlisle
D. Marriler
H. Sreak
A. Blignaut.
T. Friend
D. Hondo
H. Olonga

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk :

I like that team of yours but I don't think Jacobs in going to open, although I 'd like him to.
Also, why not give McLean a few shots, he is more aggressive than Collins and is quicker too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But Collins is more accurate and has been more successful. Actually if I were the West Indies selectors, I would play McLean for Game 1 v South Africa. My reasoning is this:

I believe Lawson will get carted by SA and lose his confidence for the rest of the WC. McLean knows the SA conditions and the players much better and will be useful in this role. However, you play Lawson for the rest of the tournament as I believe he will do well on SA pitches.

Basically, unless McLean takes 3 or 4 wickets for less than 5 and over, that South Africa match would be the last time he would play in West Indian colours if I were selecting. He really has done nothing in his career after numerous opportunities.